WATCHOUT 6.3 released

Guest DavidA

We are happy to announce that WATCHOUT 6.3 is now officially available for download!  

https://www.dataton.com/downloads/watchout

Release notes:

Dataton WATCHOUT® version 6.3 
This version introduces new features, including real-time motion tracking, as well as improvements and fixes. 

Live motion tracking 
Live motion tracking using the RTTrPM protocol is a new type of input. This multi-variable input enables media cues to mimic the position and rotation of real-world objects. It may also be used in expressions and for conditional show programming providing great flexibility. 

More new features 

• It’s now possible to select which MIDI device to use for input. Choose from among those connected to the system. 
  • You can now select which audio device you want to use for timecode input, including ASIO or WASAPI audio devices. 
  • It’s possible to download log and dump files from media servers, through the Stage menu. 
  • A menu item has been added to open the GPU control panel on selected Dataton media servers (requires a disk image update). 
  • You can now lock the width/distance ratio of projectors when calibrating. 
  • A compatibility mode hint has been added to address problems with dropped frames on some capture devices. This setting is available through a checkbox in the live video dialog. 
  • Basic support for audio in RTSP streams has been added. 

Improvements 

• You can now open a configuration dialog for audio devices on non-proprietary media servers. This was previously only possible in the production software. Note: This does not apply to Dataton media servers which are pre-configured with optimal settings. 
  • Reliability and performance have been improved for the dynamic image server. 
  • Geometry correction now produces a sharper and more precise result. 
  • We’ve improved cluster synchronization on highly loaded networks. 
  • Reliability and performance have been improved for NDI media. 
  • Incremental improvements in audio playback. 

Fixes 

• In recent Windows 10 editions, the display software sometimes failed to start if there were many high-resolution displays connected to the same computer. This is now resolved. 
  • Preloading media cues that are shorter than 3 seconds now works properly. 
  • Going online to a single media server with "Use as Synchronization Chain Master" checked will no longer cause a crash. 
  • The Color tween dialog now works as intended. 
  • In some rare cases, control cues could be skipped. This has now been fixed. 

Known issues and limitations 

• Audio may start playing slightly before the video in RTSP streams. 
  • Looping video with embedded audio might drift out of sync, if the audio stream is longer than the video (our recommendation is to use audio on a separate layer). 
  • NewTek NDI HX is currently very sensitive to the network configuration and may only work on a few media servers at a time. This is a NewTek issue and the best workaround is to convert NDI HX streams to regular NDI streams. 
  • H.264/AVC is limited to level 5.2. Videos encoded using a higher level will not be rendered. 
  • Seeking in hardware-accelerated videos may display the incorrect frame in a paused state. 
  • Audio streams in NewTek NDI are not supported. 
  • When remotely upgrading a WATCHPAX to 6.2.2 or 6.3 from an older version, the WATCHPAX is rebooted twice to make sure all components are installed. As a result, the production software needs to be taken online manually, after the update is finished. 
  • When upgrading the software remotely, WATCHOUT must have administrative rights for the media server (non WATCHPAX). Otherwise, essential components which are required by WATCHOUT may not be installed. 
Edited by DavidA
typo

5 hours ago, DavidA said:

Known issues and limitations 

• Looping video with embedded audio might drift out of sync, if the audio stream is longer than the video (our recommendation is to use audio on a separate timeline). 

Is the official recommendation a different layer or an entirely different timeline? I didn't know this. I just thought you had to separate it out.

Hi!

We do require all to register before downloading WATCHOUT. If you have downloaded WATCHOUT earlier (and does allow cookies) from the same browser, your details will be present in the download form. If you do not receive an email it can be because of spam/junk filters. If you use Gmail, check the Promotion tab. 

Since I cannot check which email you have used to download, I cannot trace the email to you. Please send to business@dataton.com and I will get back to you ASAP. 

Best regards, 
David

• 1 month later...

I have downloaded 6.3.1 and audio keeps dropping off of the display server.  Have disconnected from both a USB DI and internal audio card analog output.  After running normally for hours it would suddenly drop audio.  When I would VNC into the display machine the audio menu would be selected as none, then have to reselect device. Have never had a problem until 6.3.1.

Machines are built by Show Sage.

Windows 7, 32 GB Ram, Xenon, 16 GB Firepro W9100. Radial USB Pro DI.

Is there a possible bug or maybe windows update I should do?