Running Watchout on Virtual Windows

mistereff

Hi all

I've set up my iMac with a Virtual Windows drive - Using Parallel 7 for Mac and Windows 7.

The problem I'm having is when I try to install Watchout 4.5.1 or Watchout 5.1 I get a pop up asking if it's ok for Watchout to change some settings. I click yes and nothing happens. Just can't get any further with it.

Has anyone else managed to set up with Parallel?

Really just want the best of both words - all the editing and creation power of the Mac with the Windows only Watchout.

Many thanks

Richard

Norwich UK

• 1 year later...

I ran into a problem trying to install Watchout on my Mac.

I am running Parallels 7 with Win 7 64 bit.  I've been told that Watchout works on 64 bit Windows, but when I run the installer I downloaded I get an error that the installer won't run on my version of Windows and that I should check with the developer on 32 bit vs. 64 bit.

Am I missing a trick to this install?

WATCHOUT download on MacOSX - Installation Errors

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running.

Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86(32-bit) or x64(64-bit)

version of the program and then contact the software publisher"

Just to clarify a bit:

It is not a 32-/64-bit issue with the installer, it contains all necessary files for both 32-/64-bit installations.

This is most likely due to a download done on MacOSX, which adds an ".exe" to the Windows Installer files ".msi", for some reason.

To rectify, please download on a Windows PC or make sure the installers file end with ".msi" only, not ".msi.exe", before start of installation.

/jonas

• 1 year later...