Command file - WO 5.2 display computers ignored

scott britt

Hi there...

So has anyone had any issues with getting a command txt file to work with 5.2?? I added the string to the "target" in the icon properties...just like I always have and like it says in the current manual...and watchpoint pretty much it ignores it...just launches WO 5.2 and gives me normal display computer IP address, etc...

I thought I had something wrong in the command.txt file...but I then went and changed the name in the properties to a name that no file existed...and it did the same thing...

I need the display PC to chase timecode...and I have done this oh so many times...any suggestions welcome!

Thanks

scott

Hi there...

So has anyone had any issues with getting a command txt file to work with 5.2?? I added the string to the "target" in the icon properties...just like I always have and like it says in the current manual...and watchpoint pretty much it ignores it...just launches WO 5.2 and gives me normal display computer IP address, etc...

I thought I had something wrong in the command.txt file...but I then went and changed the name in the properties to a name that no file existed...and it did the same thing...

I need the display PC to chase timecode...and I have done this oh so many times...any suggestions welcome!

Thanks

scott

Been using command files with WO 5.2 to start cluster playback since the day it was introduced, no issues.

Double check to make sure the setting that hides known file type extensions is not on,

your file may have a .txt.txt ending and only one of those two .txt would show if that setting is wrong.