watchpax error (upgrade 6.6.7 from 6.5 kill license key)

Balage

Hi!

I have a problem.

Have 1 watchout usb key (with license 6)  and have 1 watchpax (with embedded license key 5,6)

watchout version was 6.5 so im using the system with 6.5 and work properly.

I got project file with 6.6.x version and i upgraded my watchout (on my laptop) to 6.6.7. When i want go online with watchpax, then watchpax was updating and end of the update i got error message on screen (wich is connected to watchpax): "license key not found" and watchpax unreachable.

watchpax serial: 3362-1xxxx (this is watchpax 20)

Anybody can help?

The “License key not found” message is normal when propagating a new version to WATCHPAX. At some point during the process, both the old and new version are loaded. The new version will be denied the key until the old version releases it. In your case, at some point, the new version fails to respond to production. Possible Firewall issue?

When upgrading from some older versions, an autostart script setIP command causes issues as the new version fails to process the script comand and reverts to DHCP, triggering the unreachable message. Temporarily revert production and WATCHPAX to DHCP to complete the update.

wich port used watchpax for upgrade? I dont know firewall issue, first i used for upgrade tplink router with default config. (i dont see the router defaults.....all devices mobile device) Setip not configured on watchpax, all setting default on devices. I will try tomorrow this repair instructions. I wanna understanding wibu protection system ( maybe this is a problem) I readed this forum and i got this post (maybe this is the problem? how can i find out?😞

23 hours ago, Balage said:

wich port used watchpax for upgrade? 

Dynamically assigned. Ports used will be greater than 1024, but that is all that is predictable.

… I dont know firewall issue, first i used for upgrade tplink router with default config. (i dont see the router defaults.....all devices mobile device) Setip not configured on watchpax, all setting default on devices. I will try tomorrow this repair instructions.

The firewall of concern would be on your production computer.

… I wanna understanding wibu protection system ( maybe this is a problem) …

No, this is not the problem. As I said originally, “Licence key not found” during a propagated version change is normal and unrelated to the failure you are experiencing. Nothing has killed your WATCHPAX license. Please move on from the licensing and focus on the real problem.

… I readed this forum and i got this post (maybe this is the problem? how can i find out?😞

That strictly had to do with an old outdated power up initialization issue and is unrelated to the version change process.

• 2 weeks later...