Watchout 5.2 and Datapath VisionRGB-E2S capture problem

kaarlek

Hi all

I have freshly installed Watchout 5.2 and brand new VisionRGB-E2S capture card, with the newest drivers installed.

The capture is perfect when checking it through the Vision Window software (included in Vision software) but when adding it as a live video cue to Watchout, there are strange problems with the picture:

check this picture i made from the screen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/plj7678q8ib7pqj/2012-05-29182117.jpg

there are horisontal stripes that appear when there is movement in picture, when the captured picture is still there are fewer horisontal stripes.

Any ideas?

edit:

uninstalling and reinstalling both vision software and Watchout did not help. Can anyone who uses VisionRGB-E2S capture card with Watchout, tell me what version of the Vision driver are they using succesfully?

OS version - I tried both 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows 7

driver version of capture card was the latest on the website

source of capture - DVI XGA @ 60Hz - tried two different sources

edit pt2:

issue persist with older version of Vision software (6.1.0) it is not that big but still is there,

also with RGBHV XGA 60 and 75 Hz

Kaarle

Hi,

Just wanted to inform, that downgrade to Vision ver 6.1.0 which also downgraded the firmware on the capture card did not solve the problem.

There is less stripes when picture is moving but still, the picture is not clean when capturing to Watchout

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any update to this problem? I am having the same issue with the ES2 capture card on my windows 7, WO 5.2.

I have the latest drivers for rgb vision es2. I spoke with my rep at Datapath and he said it must be a problem with the bandwidth that watchout is allowing to ingest from the capture card. I am on site in Vegas and cannot find a solution. A fast response would be very appreciated.

Karl, what type of motherboard are you using on your display computer? Just curious.

Hi Peter,

Please see my comments below.

/jonas

Is there any update to this problem? I am having the same issue with the ES2 capture card on my windows 7, WO 5.2.

No, there are not.

We do know this works, since we and others, are using this card, on these motherboard/s, without any issues:

- ASUS P6X58-E & Sabertooth X58

- ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 & Sabertooth Z77

- ASUS P9X79 DELUXE & P9X79 WS

Heavily used on Infocomm 2012 & WATCHOUT Academy in Las Vegas last week.

I have the latest drivers for rgb vision es2.

v6.3.7? Installed as a Kernel Streaming driver?

All machines tweaked according our guidelines?

I spoke with my rep at Datapath and he said it must be a problem with the bandwidth that watchout is allowing to ingest from the capture card.

I doubt his views, WATCHOUT does NOT in any way limit any bandwidth from the card.

The card needs a PCIe x4 slot though. Please check that your chosen slot actually gives you x4 speed.

I am on site in Vegas and cannot find a solution. A fast response would be very appreciated.

Karl, what type of motherboard are you using on your display computer? Just curious.

Today I found some time to test this more thorughly and I got this working.

I'm using ASUS P9X79 WS motherboard and first the Card was installed into X16 PCI-E lane (Blue x8 x16 speeds)

First I installed the Card into another PC that is usually not used for WatchOut. Since the card worked there flawlessy and it only had x4 lanes, i inserted the Card into x4 lane (white) and reinstalled drivers, I downloaded them freshly today. I do not know what worked - are the drivers freshed or the card needs X4 lane to work, but it started working with no problems in WatchOut.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Helo , i experienced the same trouble on 7 diferent machines, where all machines has the same hardware:

i7 3930k , Asus sabertooth X79 , 32GB memory corsair  1866Mhz , SSD Adata ,VGA ATI HD6990, Power Supply Corsair TX850M,  01 Vision RGB E2S, 02 Blackmagic intensity pro , 01 Blackmagic Decklink Duo,  OS: Win 7 64 bit.

But one thing is very curiously , the horizontal stripes just apear when more of 3 outputs are in use, and when i turn on the deinterlace the problem stops , but the image of capture is not fine, in video motion ok , but in smaller letters on Powerpoint the result is very bad!

• 1 year later...

I recently rebuilt my machine so I could run a Hackintosh on a different hard drive.  I had to change my motherboard to the gigabyte x79 up4.

Now when I use the Vision-RGB e2s I cannot get both inputs to work at the same time.  I can get input 1 to work perfectly, then input 2 works perfectly if I scrub to it on another part of the timeline.  but If I try to play both inputs at the same time, next to each other, I only get one.

Anyone have a similar issue?