Error message: Network error; Display computer: Disappeared

Janneman

Hi there!

I always get this message on my system, on all Displays. The Stagewindow still shows the video but the displays stops / freeze.

I have 3 Display-Computer, all with Windows 7. WO is version 4.5.1. Firewall is turned off.

The complete error message:

From "Display 1" of Stage 'Tier "Main" of Stage, 2012-07-04 16:49:53

Network error; Display computer: Disappeared

Thanks,

Jan

From "Display 1" of Stage 'Tier "Main" of Stage, 2012-07-04 16:49:53

Network error; Display computer: Disappeared

The above message indicates that WATCHOUT display software stopped working or become inaccessible from the production computer.

When you get this message, does the display software seem to continue running? I.e., does it remain on screen displaying an image? Can you bring it to Window mode by pressing Ctrl-W? If not, it may indicate it has locked up for some reason.

If the program remains on screen and remains responsive, the error most likely indicate a network communication problem.

Mike

• 3 years later...

I am facing the same issue with my new built using WO 6.1.1, after a while the display computer disappear with black screen and i can't access the WO except if i restarted the pc, i thought its the new M.2 SSD drive as it become too hot but i installed two SSD with raid 0 and did the same. Any i deas?!

My built as follow:

Asrock x99 fatal professional

W9100 FIREPRO

16 g ddr4 kingston ram

Samsung M.2 pro 950 512g

Xeon E5-2683 v3 CPU

CORSAIR H80I cooler.

I am facing the same issue with my new built using WO 6.1.1, after a while the display computer disappear with black screen and i can't access the WO except if i restarted the pc, i thought its the new M.2 SSD drive as it become too hot but i installed two SSD with raid 0 and did the same. Any i deas?!

My built as follow:

Asrock x99 fatal professional

W9100 FIREPRO

16 g ddr4 kingston ram

Samsung M.2 pro 950 512g

Xeon E5-2683 v3 CPU

CORSAIR H80I cooler.

If the Production PC did not give an error message such as "...Connection Lost..." when the screen went black, then it is not a network error (i.e. different problem/topic than the original post in this thread).

Could be RAM, or the Firepro W9100, or ???, or perhaps you ran out of media in the Timeline ;) ???

Suggest you start a new thread/topic for your problem and post an image of your Timeline at the point when the screen went black.

Thomas Leong