Timecode From Display Computer

Carol

Hi,

I have the question about timecode. Could anyone provide me any solution?

There are some devices of my cluster system:

item

spec

Qty.

Display Computer

Dataton 3368B Watchpax 60

Production Computer

Intel Core i5, OpenGL 2.1, 16GB RAM, 500 GB HDD

Timecode Interface

Rosendahl Studiotechnik mif4

I expect that I can output the timecode signal of mif4 to the audio card of display computer 1, and then the two display computers can follow the timecode to play the show at the same time.

And I also expect the production computer only be used for the preceding procedures. During the show we won’t turn on or use the production computer.

I’ve added the timecodeMode script in the startup script and also set the audio card of display computer 1 to receive the timecode signal.

How can we reach my expectation to use the whole system?

• Dataton Partner

Hi Carol,

Yes your requirement can be achieved.

1. configure the Timecode pull down menu of Wpax60 to receive Timecode from the sound card.

2. Connect external Timecode to Audio input 1 of the multi-core cable (the DIN to 4 pairs of XLR cannon plugs)

3. In the start up script of the Wpax60, set it to run on cluster and stop or pause at a point of the main timeline to wait for external Timecode 

4. In the start up script of the Wpax60, activate the Timecode input by selecting the kind of Timecode being fed in SMPTE/EBU, 24fps or 29.97hz etc.

5. Save the edited start up script and relaunch the Wpax60. 

Play the Timecode from the MIF4, The show’s timeline will follow the Timecode fed in, off-set of the Timecode input can be prescribed in the startup script.

You only need to feed Timecode to the Wpax60 running the start up script, not both units.

You may have to adjust the input volume to make the Timecode heard by the Wpax60.

Try and let us know if you require any further information.

best

ken