Remote vs manual aux timeline trigger = different behavior

Brian

I use a lot of aux timelines. I can manually "preload" an aux by hitting the stop button and then roll it using the play button and this works great. WatchOUT performs as expected and everything is smooth. If I fire off an aux without pre-loading it WatchOUT may struggle to play that correctly.

But if I use cues to trigger the aux timeline it doesn't behave the same. I place a stop cue to "preload" the aux just like I press stop and then a play cue to roll it. WatchOUT struggles with this as if I never preloaded anything.

Visually everything in the Production software looks the same... Button for the aux goes into standby and then it plays but the playback does not perform the same as doing this manually. What am I doing wrong?

When a timeline is in Stop and you hit the corresponding Task window Stop button, you actually get a Pause, not a stop. To accomplish the same thing from remote, send a

halt “yourTimelineName”,

not Stop (kill).

1 hour ago, jfk said:

When a timeline is in Stop and you hit the corresponding Task window Stop button, you actually get a Pause, not a stop. To accomplish the same thing from remote, send a

halt “yourTimelineName”,

not Stop (kill).

ok, yes, Sorry I was not in front of my machine when I wrote that.

Yes I am using Control Cue>Timeline Named "x">Pause to try and pre-load my aux timelines.

But a subsequent Play cue and videos don't seem to respond the same way they do if I do the same process manually.

I start a new show today and I will try and capture the issue as its happening. Thanks!

• 4 months later...

I have the same issue,

I usually trigger Tasks from main timeline, but experience the same problem.

But when i use Companion to trigger the aux it works.

= Workaround

Send a UDP command to "press button" on streamdeck on the timeline instead. 

(Add an output in WO "UDP" and activate UDP control in companion)