Change Preferences through Task?

fraggle

Does anybody know of an easy way to change watchout preferences through let's say tasks? This could be helpful in that I could make a task to enable/diable MIDI quickly. Or in another specific case, changing the display cluster name when I want to switch to my backup system in the middle of a show?

I'm not sure how to solve your exact two cases, but it may be found in sending TCP/IP commands to yourself.

The way I typically go about some of this is by sending output command cues to my own machine via tasks. If you open up your output window and send a TCP network command to your local IP with port 3040, you can drag the output cue to your timeline and send something like "enableLayerCond""1"$0D (there may be more elegant syntax but that's how I'm aware of doing it) to enable condition 1.

I believe any command (user guide pg. 178) you can send to WATCHOUT via a network command can be sent internally, enabling layer conditions, setting input values, enabling timecode, etc. It may not be elegant, but you could in theory load shows with certain preferences enabled. Though, you may find a better way of going about it with TCP/IP commands.

21 hours ago, fraggle said:

Does anybody know of an easy way to change watchout preferences through let's say tasks? This could be helpful in that I could make a task to enable/diable MIDI quickly. Or in another specific case, changing the display cluster name when I want to switch to my backup system in the middle of a show?

3 minutes ago, Mickey said:

I'm not sure how to solve your exact two cases, but it may be found in sending TCP/IP commands to yourself.

The way I typically go about some of this is by sending output command cues to my own machine via tasks. If you open up your output window and send a TCP network command to your local IP with port 3040, you can drag the output cue to your timeline and send something like "enableLayerCond""1"$0D (there may be more elegant syntax but that's how I'm aware of doing it) to enable condition 1.

I believe any command (user guide pg. 178) you can send to WATCHOUT via a network command can be sent internally, enabling layer conditions, setting input values, enabling timecode, etc. It may not be elegant, but you could in theory load shows with certain preferences enabled. Though, you may find a better way of going about it with TCP/IP commands.

While sending IP commands to itself solves some needs, in the two cases above, no IP commands exist. Unfortunately MIDI disable does not exist, MIDI input is always active. Connect / disconnect MIDI via external means.