mayunta

HI Tomash,

I am testing version 7.1.1.

Now with Spanish Windows it works correctly, thank you.

I'm seeing a possible bug. The same test with version 7.1 did not happen.

The videos have problems playing and report the following error:
"[Visual Renderer] Media frame(s) not loaded in time"

Greetings.

On 2/23/2024 at 1:20 PM, mayunta said:

HI Tomash,

Greetings.

The log tells that there is a playback problem. this can be caused by many things. A common reason is that you did not do enough pre-roll.

• Dataton Partner
On 2/23/2024 at 1:20 PM, mayunta said:

HI Tomash,

Greetings.

As Tomas said, it's (usually) a lack of preroll. I've noticed WO7 works in this way differently than WO6. With WO6 you didn't have such a warning. It just worked,  until it didn't and the solution was to create more preroll or set a pause cue to preload the media.  In WO7 it warns you, sometimes before you even notice. (so it shouldn't be a problem at all, it just tells you your playout isn't accurate).

Hi Tomas,

I have found the problem in playing videos.

My test computer has 2 graphics cards installed. In total 8 video outputs. GPU 1: 4 outputs / GPU 2: 4 outputs. It is really a hardware experiment, since I have mixed an NVIDIA RTX 4000 ADA (GPU 1) with an AMD RADEON PRO W7700 (GPU 2).

When I only connect one monitor to the first card (GPU 1) the problem appears.

Now, if I connect a second monitor to the second graphics card (GPU 2) the problem disappears.

It seems that the system needs to have both graphics cards active for smooth video playback.

It is not necessary to have the second output active in Watchout, just have the cable connected.

The system is stable and does not cause any hardware errors. In fact, I have added many large videos and it goes very smoothly.

I don't know if this makes sense to you.

Greetings.

• Dataton Partner
15 hours ago, mayunta said:

t necessary to have the second output active in Watchout, just have the cable connected.

Question = can you test if it also works if you load an edid onto the output? (so the card THINKS there is something connected?)

Let me know

• 2 weeks later...

I have been testing Wo7 for 2 days. The test system is W-2255 processor, RTX A4000 and 2 datapath capture cards (SD12 and LC series HDMI) and Magewell HDMI plus USB capture. There is a visible increase in performance. The only problem I can see is if you turn off the producer somehow. The display continues to work and when you open the producer again, you cannot cancel the current task. It continues to work, this is the only error I can see so far.

In addition, for big shows, the producer's computer must be a powerful computer, not during the show, but during the preparation phase. Of course, if you are not going to use a separate computer as an asset.