WatchOUT 7.1.1 asset error "Asset NotchLCOpaque requires license"

Brian

I am not sure what NotchLCOpaque is.

I have WatchOUT 7 licenses.

QuickTime reports the file as NotchLC and will play it just fine.

I was able to re-encode the video to NotchLC with After Effects and the resulting file works great.

I am wondering what might have happened on the render side.

Google searching "NotchLCOpaque" returns zero hits.

Would save me a lot of re-encoding time if I can correct this before the full content delivery!

Thanks!

Bad.png

18 hours ago, Brian said:

… QuickTime reports the file as NotchLC and will play it just fine. …

I was under the impression that NotchLC playback is available to individuals royalty free. When a software vendor adds NotchLC support, the software vendor must pay a per usage royalty. That would explain why a NotchLC movie would play in QT and error / require a license for WATCHOUT asset manager.

18 hours ago, Brian said:

… I was able to re-encode the video to NotchLC with After Effects and the resulting file works great. …

Now that is baffling. Could you provide an example of a NotchLC file that plays in QT but errors in a licensed WATCHOUT asset manager?

19 hours ago, tomash said:

The error tells you that there was no license dongle for the computer that runs asset manager.

That's odd because I had the license connected and I had no issues with any other files at the time.

Appreciate the reply. For now, I'll just keep an eye out for anything odd and not bother my clients about their workflow.

17 hours ago, jfk said:

I was under the impression that NotchLC playback is available to individuals royalty free. When a software vendor adds NotchLC support, the software vendor must pay a per usage royalty. That would explain why a NotchLC movie would play in QT and error / require a license for WATCHOUT asset manager.

Now that is baffling. Could you provide an example of a NotchLC file that plays in QT but errors in a licensed WATCHOUT asset manager?

I have a WatchOUT 7 license (3 of them, actually). I wasn't having any issues with other NotchLC videos.

I wish I could send a copy of the video. Client test files, I can't share. If I can replicate the issue with another file, I will gladly share.

I can guess what's happened... it would not be the first time someone's grabbed a random (or even popular/well known) codec pack and output bad videos.