XP Pro/Win 7 QuickTime codecs

dabastany

Hi,

I just upgrade my wo 3 to wo 5.2 and everything works fine except the quicktime H.264 codec. I can't play old QuickTime clips I used with the wo 3. I upgraded QuickTime as well.

I wonder if the problem is the windows. The production computer still running win xp pro and the display computer running win 7 Home Prem.

thanks

QuickTime is not used for playback of h264 files, it's done by WATCHOUT's own codec.

Are all old QuickTime-files h264?

Can they play in QuickTime Player?

"I wonder if the problem is the windows, the production computer still running win xp pro and the display computer running win 7"

No, I don't think so

/jonas

hi,

yes, all the old files are h.264

i added links for two files i used few hours before the upgrade.

1-no sound, and too long for loading the file on watchout.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4nmcmdww7tiuxn/Allianz.%20Who%20we%20are%20and%20what%20we%20can%20do%20for%20you..mp4

2- too long for loading, no sound and no preview on the production and display comp.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3s4uj6bjp6brq9/5.mov

thanks

I took a quick look at your file (5.mov) and can confirm that it doesn't play using the H.264 codec included in WATCHOUT. It's hard to tell exactly why. Just as a test, I re-exported it using QuickTime as a MOV file with H.264 and uncompressed audio, and the resulting file played without problems in WATCHOUT. Without detailed knowledge of the procedure used to produce the file in the first place, it's almost impossible to tell why your file won't play as is.

So I suggest you try re-compressing the file from your source content using some appropriate compression tool.

Mike