I have a question when running wo7 Produce.

artboy

1. I run certain Watch files and still get this window. Can't I get it to run right away without warning?

image.png.e55690cf481058ef1d93cf02e513cf3e.png

I have specified a specific watch file in the startup action. 

When I re-run produce, the start screen comes out, so the watch file does not automatically load. 

Even if I change the option and choose last show, the show will not automatically load because the start screen will come out when the product runs.

How do I use it?

To answer your first question: If you read what the dialog says, it reads "Director is currently running a show". To read more about the Director, and other components of watchout, you can go here: https://docs.dataton.com/watchout-7/setup/setup.html

As long as there is no other user currently using that director, it is safe to click "Take over", to load your new show to your diractor.

1 hour ago, Josef Swanberg said:

To answer your first question: If you read what the dialog says, it reads "Director is currently running a show". To read more about the Director, and other components of watchout, you can go here: https://docs.dataton.com/watchout-7/setup/setup.html

As long as there is no other user currently using that director, it is safe to click "Take over", to load your new show to your diractor.

Yes. I also read the phrase "Director is currently running a show." 

It's the server I use as Director, but there's no show I ran after booting. 

What I need is a system that uses only 'one completed show'
When booted, the show is loaded from Produce and the stage and timeline are visible. 

Is this possible?

Regarding your second question, specifying a specific watch file in the startup action controls the Director's startup behavior. Having set that on your direcor, you can then from the startup screen click "Connect", and select your Director node in the drop down list, to load that show directly from the Director.

3 hours ago, Josef Swanberg said:

In my previous answers I have described things as they are now. That is not to say this won't change in the future.

First of all, it was successful to set up startup action and press connect on the start page and run it without 'take over' message. 

Can I automate selecting 'connect' and  'director', using wo-autostart.html?

Is there a document describing the wo-autostart.html parameter?

23 hours ago, artboy said:

Can I automate selecting 'connect' and  'director', using wo-autostart.html?

Is there a document describing the wo-autostart.html parameter?

I think you mean the wo-autostart.xml, located in the WATCHOUT installation folder. It is for controlling autostart of the WATCHOUT Manager, not for the Producer. You can read more about it here: https://docs.dataton.com/watchout-7/appendices/autostart.html