PNG size limitations in WO 3.4.2?

Henriko

Hi WO-people!

We're working on a presentation where one part has a BIG logo-sponsor-scroll. The graphic is a PNG with alpha on a star-field background.

The problem is that we're getting wrong display in the stage editor and on screen - it's like the alpha channel is not rendered properly.

Some specs:

The PNG is w1024 x h18060 px (we used to work with 770 x 3860 on earlier versions of the show).

I googled on the subject and found out that 'Save for web' in Photoshop has its limits - which is quite fair! No one works with 18060 px on the web ;-)

Anyway we did some trial-and-error-tests by saving 'Save as PNG' in Photoshop and one of the tests actually worked - and it was still 18000'ish in height. But some other tests with 5000 px height didn't compute.

I can't find the logic here... could there be some limitations between PNG and Watchout 3.4.2 ?

We could split the scroll into 5 smaller parts but that would give us more work - and we're on a tight tight deadline here... and Santa's coming to town :-)

Thanks!!

Cheers

/Henriko

Hi WO-people!

We're working on a presentation where one part has a BIG logo-sponsor-scroll. The graphic is a PNG with alpha on a star-field background.

The problem is that we're getting wrong display in the stage editor and on screen - it's like the alpha channel is not rendered properly.

Some specs:

The PNG is w1024 x h18060 px (we used to work with 770 x 3860 on earlier versions of the show).

I googled on the subject and found out that 'Save for web' in Photoshop has its limits - which is quite fair! No one works with 18060 px on the web ;-)

Anyway we did some trial-and-error-tests by saving 'Save as PNG' in Photoshop and one of the tests actually worked - and it was still 18000'ish in height. But some other tests with 5000 px height didn't compute.

I can't find the logic here... could there be some limitations between PNG and Watchout 3.4.2 ?

We could split the scroll into 5 smaller parts but that would give us more work - and we're on a tight tight deadline here... and Santa's coming to town :-)

Thanks!!

Cheers

/Henriko

Out of curiosity, have your tried changing the transparency setting

in the Media Window object's Image Settings Dialog

from 'Auto Detect' to a specific transparency setting?

From WATCHOUT User Guide — Chapter 3 Media — page 36

media_object-still_image_settings.png

Transparency

In most cases, WATCHOUT can determine the kind of alpha channel (transparency)

being used in the image, if any. If the automatic detection fails,

choose the correct type of alpha channel here.

Out of curiosity, have your tried changing the transparency setting

in the Media Window object's Image Settings Dialog

from 'Auto Detect' to a specific transparency setting?

From WATCHOUT User Guide — Chapter 3 Media — page 36

media_object-still_image_settings.png

Transparency

In most cases, WATCHOUT can determine the kind of alpha channel (transparency)

being used in the image, if any. If the automatic detection fails,

choose the correct type of alpha channel here.

It worked! It's my colleague who usually controls the WO-division so I'm completely newbie here! But thanks for the hint on the Image option :)

Happy holidays!

/H