Watchout show stops 30 seconds into show...

Curtis Hutchins

Hello,

I was hoping someone could shed some light on an issue I am having where Watchout freezes up about 30 seconds into any show I run.  It doesn't matter where in the timeline it is and doesn't appear to be the show files since it is happening now on 3 different shows that work on other displays each have with very different media.

Note: Windows is NOT crashing and I am able to toggle back and forth going online so that WO restarts the show.  Sadly, it stops again at roughly 30 seconds into the show.

What changed:

This cube, one of six WO display cubes recently required a Motherboard replacement.  The OS and harddrive appear to be just fine and continue to work as expected but Watchout freezes about 30 seconds into a show. 

What I have tried,

• I uninstalled WO and reinstalled twice removing the Dataton folder as well.
  • Only changes I made were to upgrade to latest QT and AMD display driver.  Could this be a display driver issue?

I guess my next step will be to restore the system from a backup to rule that out.

Current system is info

WO 5.3

Windows 7

4 GB RAM

Solid state drive.

Hello,

I was hoping someone could shed some light on an issue I am having where Watchout freezes up about 30 seconds into any show I run.  It doesn't matter where in the timeline it is and doesn't appear to be the show files since it is happening now on 3 different shows that work on other displays each have with very different media.

Note: Windows is NOT crashing and I am able to toggle back and forth going online so that WO restarts the show.  Sadly, it stops again at roughly 30 seconds into the show.

What changed:

This cube, one of six WO display cubes recently required a Motherboard replacement.  The OS and harddrive appear to be just fine and continue to work as expected but Watchout freezes about 30 seconds into a show. 

What I have tried,

• I uninstalled WO and reinstalled twice removing the Dataton folder as well.
  • Only changes I made were to upgrade to latest QT and AMD display driver.  Could this be a display driver issue?

I guess my next step will be to restore the system from a backup to rule that out.

Current system is info

WO 5.3

Windows 7

4 GB RAM

Solid state drive.

Sounds more like a motherboard issue.

When you replaced the motherboard were you able to find an exact duplicate with the same version of BIOS?

If not, your restored image may be invalid.

The 'stops' you are seeing are watchdog reseting the crashed display software,

and should leave a trail in the watchdog logs.

Maybe, but I think its a network switch cache issue... Eitherway it appears resolved now.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to replicate the problem.    :( 

To report back on what I did and my findings:

I restored an image backup will no improvement. (So not the software)

Other computers on the network had no problem with the network or switch, swapped network cables anyway. (so assumed not teh cables or switch)

I set up a repeating ping that never loss connection.

My thinking was either video card or Nic card because,

• Watchdog occasionally said it could not find media that was present...
  • The admin error log had no errors but was showing information logs under applications about the video card control panel (ccc.exe) that looked suspicious.
  • WO would sometimes show a message saying the display cube vanished. 

On a lark, I just replace the switch and it started working.  Put the switch back in place and it continued to work,

Perhaps there is a bad port on the switch or the switch needed to be reset.

Got me!

Thanks for the suggestions.