two errors

Tyskern

Hi. I work at a theatre. Currently running WO on two stages. 
and it has been stable and fine lately.
However.. friday evening the display computer on stage1 crashes, log saying: Watchpoint exited abnormally (code: 3221225477), restarting.
Saturday display computer on stage 2 crashes, log saying: Watchpoint stopped responding.
Both occurred in the middle of shows. not at startup. Its not the same show.

both displays are running win7, tweaks are done. Stages are running 6.3 vs 6.4, and have been for some time without issues.
The IT-guy says no special network events have occurred either.
And of course, next evening shows ran perfectly and I can't seem to recreate the error.

As a human I try to find a connection when this crap happens with short intervals.
any ideas on what? if not, what does code:3221225477 imply.? seems to be media-related access something in terms of windows, but unspecific. anyone with win7/WO experience?

thanks.
T

Halla

Have no idea what the problem is, and it is possible that the code means something else in WO, but "3221225477" is "C0000005" in hex, and that is the general code for a memory access violation on windows.
If you are able to also find the memory address from the logs, Dataton should be able to figure out where in the code the error happened. (Given that it happened in their code)

- I mellomtida oppretter vi ei karantenesone ved carl Johanns gate og ber til video-gudane at problemet holder seg på di side av gata.

This error message translated to its hexadecimal form is 0xC0000005, which makes it easier to google. It's an "access violation", meaning that the program has attemped to access memory it's not supposed to touch. This is usually a bug (e.g., a null pointer access). Not much you can do about it, except perhaps trying to see if you can reproduce it at will, and if so let Dataton know how to reproduce the error in order to fix it.

Sometimes, the Windows event log provides more details when such a crash has occurred, which could also help in pinpointing it:

https://www.digitalmastersmag.com/magazine/tip-of-the-day-how-to-find-crash-logs-on-windows-10/

Mike

On 10/21/2019 at 10:33 PM, Mike Fahl said:

This error message translated to its hexadecimal form is 0xC0000005, which makes it easier to google. It's an "access violation", meaning that the program has attemped to access memory it's not supposed to touch. This is usually a bug (e.g., a null pointer access). Not much you can do about it, except perhaps trying to see if you can reproduce it at will, and if so let Dataton know how to reproduce the error in order to fix it.

Sometimes, the Windows event log provides more details when such a crash has occurred, which could also help in pinpointing it:

https://www.digitalmastersmag.com/magazine/tip-of-the-day-how-to-find-crash-logs-on-windows-10/

Mike

thanks for the reply. This is a hard one to reproduce.. all has been good since.
windows 7 log says nothing of interest either.

ok. I'll put it on the tech-voodoo list for now.

Thanks.
T