WO + Sensor

altar

Hello everyone!

I have a customer request and I need your advice to answer.

The customer wants a presence detector, installed at the entrance of a room, and when it detects someone, a message is displayed on a screen.

What material is most suitable for this use, in terms of detection?

How to communicate between the sensor and Watchout in this case?

thank you in advance!

Hello everyone!

I have a customer request and I need your advice to answer.
The customer wants a presence detector, installed at the entrance of a room, and when it detects someone, a message is displayed on a screen.

What material is most suitable for this use, in terms of detection?

How to communicate between the sensor and Watchout in this case?

thank you in advance!

the lowest cost method ...

First find a presence detector that provides a switch closure when activated.

Then obtain a MIDI device that sends a MIDI note command when you receive the switch closure.

Setup an input in watchmaker to receive the MIDI note.

Setup an aux timeline to display the message.

In the task window, type the input name in the trigger field fo the message timeline.

If you want to go the RS232 way, one of these might do it: WEMC MD Motion Detector, a programmable RS232 interface

http://www.weiglworks.com/ftp/downloads/docs/WEIGL_WEMC-MD_en_V100.pdf

It is not listed as a product on their website, but if you write in, think they will entertain a sale. Not that expensive: <Euro100...but not sure if they have a 110v - 24v adaptor. Mine came with 220v - 24v adaptor, but haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

If it does what I hope it does, should be able to program it to output, eg. run 'Aux Timeline #' when motion is detected. Not sure of proximity limits since I have not tested yet.

This should take care of Requirements 1 & 2 that jfk listed above, albeit not MIDI, but RS232.

You then have to setup Watchmaker's pc to translate RS232 to TCP/IP and Watchmaker to listen to Port 3040.

Alternatively, another contact in Europe manufactures a similar unit with hard-coded RS-232 commands (looks different, but does the same thing - motion detector that outputs RS232 commands hard-coded into the circuit board, non-user changeable). About the same price excluding shipping.

Thomas Leong

Hi altar, where are you from?

Try this website for midi-equipment : http://www.eowave.com

or this : http://infusionsystems.com

They offer midi systems with different sensors, and both are working perfectly together with watchout.

Tested in several shows and environments.

Tom

Hi, thanks a lot for your answers gentlemen

I'm ok with Midi messages.

Tom I'm from France.

I see that you have some experience in this type of show. Could you, please, advise me a detector model, because the choice is wide!

JP

Hi Altar, I'm using a tracking system and sensor that come from a company called Icubx.  it's a midi system, so no need of converters, and you have access to a wide range of sensors.  they also have a system that is wireless with midi. 

here's the link to the company.

good luck

http://infusionsystems.com/catalog/index.php

@ ian

as you can see I mentioned this link before, but ...

@ altar

eowave.com (which is the same thing as the I-CubeX) is the better choice for you.

Its cheaper, the guys are french, and its working fine!

What you need is a Eobody3 Sensorbox and the Eowave Detection. I didn´t worked with this special detector, but I used to have some experience with other, and the eowave worked always well.

If you only need one input you can give a try to the Eowave Eomono Sensorbox. It comes together with one sensor of your choice.

Tom