WX7100 - 4x HAP 4K not fluid

kFrogStudio

3 hours ago, ectoplasmosis said:

Do not use Windows 7 with the WX series. 

It's a client server..

Provided by some other company that's still on warranty.. 

And another information, it's running WO 6.2.2... 

I was just the technician that would configure and uptade the show.. And now has the get all the answers.. The usual 👍

Just wondering if there's anything that I can do, or justify for the lack of performance. 

If it would be a question of drivers I could update those, just would like to know if some one has a good combo of drivers tested for this kind of system. 

Tks

• Dataton Partner

We have seen bad playback performance with HAP codecs with all driver versions newer than 2017 Q4. AMD introduced some energy saving mechanism which seems to throttle the performance of the graphic card.

Secondly you could try to use chunks when encoding the media. Without chunks, a HAP file will use only one core. I'd try with two chunks here.

On 3/3/2020 at 7:20 AM, RBeddig said:

We have seen bad playback performance with HAP codecs with all driver versions newer than 2017 Q4. AMD introduced some energy saving mechanism which seems to throttle the performance of the graphic card.

Secondly you could try to use chunks when encoding the media. Without chunks, a HAP file will use only one core. I'd try with two chunks here.

Thank you, 

Today I'm going to test the same videos encoded with 6 chunks and will downgrade the drive to see if I can minimize the bad performance. 

I will update the results

• 9 months later...