HAP Q clips preview

Orf Quarenghi

In WatchOut.Production I can't see a proper preview of HAP Q content. HAP content are previewed flawlessy.
On the WatchPax I'm using for playout both HAP Q and HAP play flawlessy.

Is there a way to correct this behaviour?

I'm developing a software solution that will work with WatchOut.Player, but while developing and debugging I need to interact with the Production, in order to check statuses and stuff on the fly (which secondary timelines are playing, which are paused and when others got killed).

Thanks.

®f

HAP.jpg

HAPQ.jpg

Most likely, your issue on production is performance of the production computer. If the production computer is powerful enough, it should play just fine, it’s the same software. An alternative, would be to use a video proxy and add a separate reduced resolution HAP Q movie for the preview to lighten the preview load. (Note, it is critical any preview movie be the same codec and settings as the actual movie). Granted there’s a lot of manual set up involved in doing it that way, but it might get you around the problem.

Or it could be a configuration issue with the Production computer, other media tools could screw with the HAP codecs installed by WATCHOUT.

The production PC performance looks solid - that HAP Q content plays out nicely on VLC, for instance.
I tried to uninstall the VidVox codecs - I read somewhere on the forum that WatchOut uses its embedded codecs... but I'm confused, since without the VidVox codecs WatchOut crashed/mismanaged the HAP Q clips.
I reinstalled VidVox codec and everything back to "normal". HAP Q content works ok but mis-previews...

It isn't a big problem, since I asked the video makers to export all media in HAP-HAP Alpha format.

Thanks!

You might want to re-run the WATCHOUT installer and choose ‘Repair’. Installing a third party codec might overwrite the WATCHOUT codec, uninstalling the third party codec would not correct the issue. Repair should re-install the WATCHOUT codec.

On 5/3/2020 at 3:08 PM, jfk said:

You might want to re-run the WATCHOUT installer and choose ‘Repair’. Installing a third party codec might overwrite the WATCHOUT codec, uninstalling the third party codec would not correct the issue. Repair should re-install the WATCHOUT codec.

I tried, but there was no change - just to let you know, since not seeing HAP Q content in production isn't a big deal at the moment.