1080p25 with Blackmagic Decklink Quad/Duo

Merten

Hi,

I am having issues with cameras, putting out 1080p25. I cannot get them to sho in WO Display (v6.2.1). I am using the newest Decklink driver 10.7.1.

In Blackmagic Media Express the camera is there. The new auto-detect in the software tells me the input is 1080p25. But no chance to get it working with WO.

I tried with two different cameras. I tried with the Decklink Quad (v1), Decklink Duo (v1+2).

When I downgraded the Blackmagic driver to Decklink version 10.1.1 it is working in WO.

Another thing is, that I have to use "Decklink Video Capture" instead of "Blackmagic WDM Capture" with version 10.7.1 (or newer than 10.3.7). Otherwise, I only get Input 1 working in WO. All other Inputs are dead, although they are shown in Media Express.

Any clues?

????

Have you contacted BMD to determine why their older WDM driver works and their newer WDM driver does not?

sounds like a bug in the driver to me.

... although they are shown in Media Express.

and your point is?

Media Express uses BMD's proprietary interface (which is valid for BMD products only).

WATCHOUT uses the generic WDM interface (which is valid for a wide variety of manufacturer's offerings).

Granted Media Express confirms the card is functioning and confirms the connections are valid.

Does not prove the driver is functioning correctly for WDM though.

apples and oranges

Thanks for the quick answer!

I just wanted to make clear that there is no problem with the signal and that the capture card display the camera.

Another thing is, that I have to use "Decklink Video Capture" instead of "Blackmagic WDM Capture" with version 10.7.1 (or newer than 10.3.7). Otherwise, I only get Input 1 working in WO.

I discovered, that when you use Decklink driver 10.7 or 10.7.1, that the physical inputs of the Decklink Quad are changed. Input former input 1=4, 2=3, 3=2, 4=1. So I have to change them in WO Display Video In.

I saw that there are some topics regarding similiar problems, so I'm not alone...

http://forum.dataton.com/topic/1931-blackmagic-decklink-quad-capture-issues/?hl=decklink

http://forum.dataton.com/topic/1368-blackmagic-decklink-4k-extreme-capture-issue/?hl=decklink

http://forum.dataton.com/topic/1931-blackmagic-decklink-quad-capture-issues/?hl=decklink

• 5 weeks later...

I also have issues with camera signal 1080p25.

No signal i WO. I have the latest driver for BlackMagic, but consider to downgrade.

Why is it so that WO can't use the latest driver?

I also experience difficulties to find the right resolution settings in Watchout.

I have a monitor that tells me what type of signal I have, but in some cases I need different settings in Watchout?!?

So my result with the Decklink Quad 2 card:

Marshall camera with output 1080p25 -Not working in Watchout (tested all the input possibility)

Panasonic camera with output 1080i50 - Needs 1080i25 in WO to work. 1 sec delay...

Canon camera with output 720p50 - Works wiht same resolution in WO. No delay

JMC MultitoSDI scaler output 1080i60 - Needs 1080i30 in WO to work. 1 sec delay...

In Blackmagic Express all camera signals working perfectly with no delays.

What is it with Wathout and Blackmagic?

We also have a display system at the main stage with Decklink Quad which I had to downgrade the driver to let it work in Wathout, or else I only get one signal working.

Klaus K.

Why is it so that WO can't use the latest driver? ...

?????

Very good question for Black Magic.

WATCHOUT adheres to a Microsoft standard, agnostic of Black Magic.

If Black Magic has changed their compliance to a standard they previously correctly supported,

it is up to them to correct the problem they introduced.

Yes, jfk is right. I contacted Blackmagic and they tell me that Watchout is not an officially supported software. And Dataton has to change something...

We use our 1080p25 cameras with Display PCs running the old BM 10.1.1 driver. Another workaround is to use an other SDI capture device like this one.

https://www.vision-dimension.com/de/bilderfassung/usb3-video-grabber/xi100dusb-sdi/170

Works really well, no problems with WO and you can keep the newest BM driver.

It would be helpful for other WO/BM Decklink users to know about the issues and to collect posts to find a solution. The Decklink series are recommended in the Technical Notes in the Document 'Capture Cards' and a lot of people use them. Perhaps it would help to make a list, which signal works with which driver and what is the right resolution to choose in WO's live video dialogue. Just an idea...

• 2 weeks later...

I've testing a BM Decklink Duo 2 today, 1080 @25p, @30p are both not working however @24p works fine!

50i and 60i are good, i'll test the 720 resolutions tomorrow.

Wound the drivers back to 10.6.4 which was the first driver to support the Duo 2 card but that made no difference.

Nothing like having to do things the hard way, being stuck between hardware and software vendors that both claim its not their problem. 

• 4 weeks later...