file formats which watchout recognized.

ewww

Hi, there is a big difference between containers and codecs. We support the mxf container but WATCHOUT might not recognize the content of the container. Depending on the content of the container different codecs might be used. We only supply a few codecs for video and the rest is up the the users to install (DirectShow filters). So what are you trying to play?

I tried to record color bars for 1 minute in panasonic AJ-HPD2500 with DVCPROHD codec. I transfer it to my flash drive and tried to import to watchout but the watchout cannot recognize that file. I wonder why? Is it because watchout doesnt support panasonic p2 mxf?

It's because we don't supply (nor license) the DVCPROHD decoder. But you could install that codec as a directshow filter and then WATCHOUT should be able to use it. WATCHOUT prioritize it's installed codecs but if no match is found then it looks whats available on the system.

does the directshow filter wont affect the operation of watchout?

Sure it effects the operation of WATCHOUT, but hopefully in a good way. ;)

If a DirectShow filter for DVCPROHD codec is correctly added to the Windows OS,

then WATCHOUT should be able to utilize it.

Actually, we have'nt done anything yet . We need to ask permission to our watchout supplier (imatech) first. We might loose the warranty

Not sure how your specific supplier treats warranty.

A properly prepared WATCHOUT system should include a method for restoring the software 

configuration to factory condition. (WATCHOUT User Guide, Installation - Cloning - page 28)

Granted, the warranty is suspended when the user modifies software.

Should you have a problem, however,

the warranty should be reinstated after a clean restore from the supplied archive.

ymmv