Sapphire Radeon Pro Duo

lucamanzoni

Since the card was announced this Monday 24/4, I hardly think there are many that has any experience with it...

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-radeon-pro-duo-graphics-card,34229.html

As long as it's adhere to similar drivers & DirectX support as other AMD FirePro/Radeon Pro cards, I can't see why it should'nt work with WATCHOUT.

This part below I highly doubt will be usable out of the box in/with WATCHOUT, though:

The benefit of the dual GPU Radeon Pro Duo graphics card is that designers can now use two software packages simultaneously. Professionals can take advantage of the parallel computing power of the Radeon Pro Duo graphics card to accelerate compute-intensive tasks in computer-aided design, computer-aided manufacturing, and other applications that support OpenCL.

Even if your application doesn’t support multi-GPU acceleration, this professional graphics card makes it possible to dedicate one GPU to the functions of separate applications concurrently, or to work with multiple 4K video streams in real-time. According to AMD, live content creation using the first GPU, with real-time rendering and/or ray tracing on the second GPU, is now possible.

It will be up to Dataton to find out the usability of these features in the future, I guess.

/jonas

Since the card was announced this Monday 24/4, I hardly think there are many that has any experience with it...

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-radeon-pro-duo-graphics-card,34229.html

As long as it's adhere to similar drivers & DirectX support as other AMD FirePro/Radeon Pro cards, I can't see why it should'nt work with WATCHOUT.

This part below I highly doubt will be usable out of the box in/with WATCHOUT, though:

The benefit of the dual GPU Radeon Pro Duo graphics card is that designers can now use two software packages simultaneously. Professionals can take advantage of the parallel computing power of the Radeon Pro Duo graphics card to accelerate compute-intensive tasks in computer-aided design, computer-aided manufacturing, and other applications that support OpenCL.

Even if your application doesn’t support multi-GPU acceleration, this professional graphics card makes it possible to dedicate one GPU to the functions of separate applications concurrently, or to work with multiple 4K video streams in real-time. According to AMD, live content creation using the first GPU, with real-time rendering and/or ray tracing on the second GPU, is now possible.

It will be up to Dataton to find out the usability of these features in the future, I guess.

/jonas

Thanks for your reply Jonas!

I was writing about the 2016 edition of the GPU, i just found that they show the new version few days ago.

My doubt was, since that WO doesn't support multi-gpu (like SLI or Crossfire),

this GPU could be treat like that from software or not?

...  since that WO doesn't support multi-gpu (like SLI or Crossfire),

this GPU could be treat like that from software or not?

sort of.

SLI or Crossfire function with WATCHOUT to provide the aggregate processing power.

However, the outputs from only one of the two cards are available in that arrangement.

Hard to say how that translates to this new card.

A quick check of the specs indicates support for DirectX 12.

No mention of support for older DirectX standards - WATCHOUT uses DX 9.

So its possible the pretty amazing new stuff only works with the latest standard,

and that would be an issue with WATCHOUT.

sort of.

SLI or Crossfire function with WATCHOUT to provide the aggregate processing power.

However, the outputs from only one of the two cards are available in that arrangement.

Hard to say how that translates to this new card.

A quick check of the specs indicates support for DirectX 12.

No mention of support for older DirectX standards - WATCHOUT uses DX 9.

So its possible the pretty amazing new stuff only works with the latest standard,

and that would be an issue with WATCHOUT.

Thanks jfk,

too bad. Our customers start to ask us 4k and its so sad to be stuck in dx9 and WO limitation.

We must hope that something can change in Dataton roadmap and they can update the software.

Its not just for the graphics, but also we encount in trouble with Win7 system and the new hardware.

Thanks and if someone could have more information to help us we will be grateful.

L.

Not sure what you are referring too, there are no significant 4K limitations in DirectX 9

The limitations that i meant was just about hardware, i miss a comma (to be stuck in dx9, and WO limitation)

It's sad that we must use obsolete hardware because WO can't use a new OS with significant upgrading.