TwoHDMI inputs combined shaky on output

Brecht

Hi,

I have been using Datapath VisionLC-HD2 (2 x HDMI input) for over a year now, and it has been working fine. We use our WO server for a tv show where we get 2 SDI inputs which we convert tot HDMI. Since last week the signal output is shaky. I found out that when I pull out one of the two inputs (doesn't matter which one) the other one is becomes stable. If I look directly to the inputs using the Datapath software these inputs are ok, so I guess it is WO that can't cope with the 2 HDMI signals at the same time (all of a sudden). That is ofcourse strange because it worked untill last week. I'm sure nothing in the setup or preferences in WO changed, since I am the only one operating it.

I also have a Blackmagic SDI input card, and when I connect one of my two inputs it works ok, together with the other input on the HDMI card. So the result is ok, but I really want to find out why I suddenly have that problem when connecting the two inputs on the HDMI input card.

Anyone?

Thanks!

• Dataton Partner
14 minutes ago, Brecht said:

so I guess it is WO that can't cope with the 2 HDMI signals at the same time

If you haven't changed anything in your system and WATCHOUT used to play the two signals ok before, I would rather guess that something in your server or in the incoming signal flow incl. the cables has changed or got broken.

12 minutes ago, Brecht said:

... . If I look directly to the inputs using the Datapath software these inputs are ok, so I guess it is WO ...

The DataPath utility uses the proprietary DataPath driver, WATCHOUT uses the WDM driver. Since they are using different drivers that conclusion is invalid.