WATCHOUT / Medialon - quick question

jfk

I am being told second hand that Medialon can not run or kill WATCHOUT auxiliary timelines in cluster mode. Can that be true?

I am hoping something is ‘lost in the translation’.

It is very important that auxiliary timeline control is available. The main timeline is used exclusively for re-mapping since it can not be killed. Much safer to keep the main timeline closed and show programming placed in auxiliary timelines so that there is little chance the mapping is accidentally disturbed.

• Dataton Partner

No, Medialon Manager was always able to control auxiliary timelines.

What might have changed here is auxiliary timelines in folders which in fact might not work since Dataton changed the API.

I would also place the remapping (virtual screens) in the main timeline and make sure that I have a loop back command somewhere inside the cue to make sure that the timeline can't be moved out of the relevant part by accident. The main timeline can't be killed. It is always on.

• Dataton Partner

You're welcome Jim.

That's another way to do it. I ususally just place a locate to time or cue point somewhere in the middle of the cue, jumpnig back and pausing at either a time within the cue or the cue to jump to. Have been hitting the space bar too often when I wanted to run an aux timeline and instead ran the main timeline 😉.

4 hours ago, RBeddig said:

You're welcome Jim.

That's another way to do it. I ususally just place a locate to time or cue point somewhere in the middle of the cue, jumpnig back and pausing at either a time within the cue or the cue to jump to. Have been hitting the space bar too often when I wanted to run an aux timeline and instead ran the main timeline 😉.

;)

If the error only affects aux timelines in folders, then it may be that Manager hasn't been updated to work with those. The control protocol syntax is a bit weird in this area. This works fine in PIXILAB Blocks of course, with the only caveat being that timelines in folders can not be named the same as top level aux timelines, or aux timelines in other folders.

Mike