Running 2x miid controllers

JonnyFaint

HI all, we have 4 live feeds into our capture cards for a video wall, it can take a good 3 seconds for the feed to arrive on the screen once it has been sent. I was looking at using a midi controller and wondered if I could keep the live feed on all the timelines active and simply fade up and down on them at choice. All midi controllers seem to have 8 faders, this is fine but ideally a 12 - 16 fader solution would be great. We have 12 feeds timelines to choose from, for example - live feed, live feed + timing page, live feed + pit link, double pit link. 

Using 2 capture cards means we have 4 inputs to the server which is great so the Lightwear matrix simply acts 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4.

We also found that when we pushed a live feed, then pulled it and pushed another live feed very quickly the watchout server bugged out, lost connection and went to splash screen, reconnected, found the IP address and we ran the show again. If i have all feed choices running but faded down should this solve the issue?

Thanks

Jonny

• Dataton Partner

Two midi controllers will not work since WATCHOUT only talks to the first controller Windows detects. Solutions could be to use generic inputs and WATCHNET, which could run side-by-side to the production software. If software faders are something you don't like you could define buttons with a preset fade rate (setInput "xxx" 1 1000    would fade up to 100% in one second). WATCHNEt would require a second WATCHOUT license key.

Another option would be to use UNIVERSE. We sell this here in Germany as an add-on to WATCHOUT and this software is made by operators for operators. Can control almost anything you come across in live events (including your Lightware matrix) and is pretty easy to program.  http://www.presentation-technologies.de/universe.html  sorry, our website is in German only :(

7 hours ago, JonnyFaint said:

... We also found that when we pushed a live feed, then pulled it and pushed another live feed very quickly the watchout server bugged out, lost connection and went to splash screen, reconnected, found the IP address and we ran the show again. If i have all feed choices running but faded down should this solve the issue? ...

No, they would need to be at 3% or above for that to work. but you might try this instead ...