Watchnet script or command call other programming tool

wilson

WATCHNET does not offer any external control options. WATCHNET also takes over the display computers so that you can not communicate with the display computers from other control systems when WATCHNET is active. However, your application can communicate directly with the cluster in lieu of WATCHNET using the standard cluster control commands. So you can either use standalone WATCHNET exclusively to communicate with your displays or forgo WATCHNET and control the cluster directly with your application.

Hi, thanks for reply ....  previously i using udp to communicate with production machine... it works both way from unity to watchout and watch out to unity... now i have 3 display computer , and i wish to skip the production  machine .. that why i choose to use watchnet to remote control ...However, your application can communicate directly with the cluster in lieu of WATCHNET using the standard cluster control commands.  It is mean that i need  point my unity to those ip of the three machines? would it be a way for us to use websocket to trigger the function button click that we set in the WATCHNET?

8 hours ago, wilson said:

...However, your application can communicate directly with the cluster in lieu of WATCHNET using the standard cluster control commands.  It is mean that i need  point my unity to those ip of the three machines?

No. Pick 1, any one, does not matter which you choose, all of them contain all the information needed to communicate with the group. Control commands sent to the one computer are relayed to the others. The most critical command is the load command, the watch file opened by the load command defines the other members of the cluster so the master knows how to communicate to the others.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2018 at 6:52 AM, jfk said:

No. Pick 1, any one, does not matter which you choose, all of them contain all the information needed to communicate with the group. Control commands sent to the one computer are relayed to the others. The most critical command is the load command, the watch file opened by the load command defines the other members of the cluster so the master knows how to communicate to the others.

Hi .. i try unity3D send command to display server through udp.. it works... but some how when the watchnet is connected it will have issue. The display server will reload all the content when unity3D send the command for the first time . After that the unity3D command will not work ..  We will need to restart the watchnet and unity3D then only the Display server ,watchnet and unity3D will workwell ... Any idea why this happen? it only happen when the first time send command from unity3D..