360 degrees picture

assafyosef

8 hours ago, assafyosef said:

hi,

i have a system with watchout connected to a video wall screen. we have tablet to control the content via tcp commands ( gotoTime)

my client wants to show 360 degrees picture and control it - is there a way to do this ?

thank you,

assaf

Yes. Use a live tween formula controlled by an appropriate input object (attached to a WATCHNET joystick or slider, MIDI controller, DMX, IP control system, etc.) You need to enable More Effects and Capabilities in the media item and External Control of Position, Scale and Rotation in the Advanced tab of the timeline cue. The original image will be limited to 8k x 8k pixels with these options enabled.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, assafyosef said:

thank you for your answer, 

i have ip control system where i can only send tcp messages.

can you help me with the commands to move the picture to the sides, up and down ?

Wow, that is a few steps. I will go through the steps to move it side to side. Once you understand that, you should be able to handle up and down, etc.

First, find the image(s) you wish to control  in the media list, double click on the file name, and select

"More Effects and Capabilities"

media-image-more_effects.png

Add a generic input object and give it a name, to receive the commands from your control system.

add_input_menu.png

generic_input-dialog.png

This example will expect a value between 0 and 1.

Place a cue on your timeline for the image, open the cue dialog, and select Advanced tab, and then 

External Control of Position, Scale & Rotation.

WO5-Advanced_Cue_Specifications.png

Now comes the fun part. You need to determine the range you wish to move the object. For example, let's say you have six 1920x1080 overlapped  projectors with 256 pixels of overlap to make your 360° canvas, which would make the total canvas 10,238 pixels wide. For this example, the first projector is placed at Top 0, Left 0. The image file we will place is 1920x1080 and its anchor point is set to the Top Left of the image. Place the image at the top left corner of your canvas.

Add a Position tween to your image, and if you have properly setup the media option and advanced tab, you will see a gray F in the tween name field on the left,.

position_tween-formula_enabled.png

Click on that F, which will open  dialog named 3D parameters. On the X value, place a formula using your input name like

Fader1*(10238-1920)

3D_paramaters_w_formula.png

The purpose of the formula is to set a range for the movement of the image, the above formula will allow the image to move the entire width of the canvas, but can not move off of the canvas.

Upload the show, quit WATCHOUT Production, reboot your display computer, and use either a startup script or your control system to load the show.

In cluster mode, have your control device set to the IP address of your cluster master and port 3039.

You will need to know how to send a carriage return from your control device (hex 0D). In my examples, I will express that as $0D, substitute the correct format for your device.

From your control device send 

authenticate 1$0D

to enable communication.

Now use your control device to send a command like

setInput “Fader1” 0.5$0D

Which will jump the image 50% of the way across the canvas.  

If you want the image to move to the new position over time, add a fade rate in milliseconds, like

setInput “Fader1” 0.5 3000$0D

which will take 3 seconds to move the image the desired distance.

That should provide you a starting point, with a bit of practice you should be able to extrapolate what you need to do from there.