New to watchout

RThk

Hi all

Sorry if I am asking this in the wrong forum,

I am new to watchout,  what are some things I need to know beforehand doing a show as a watchout operator?

I know some basics but could need some more details , such as how to do the setup, gear required etc.

Thanks in advance. 

I have taken watchout certified user course. 

Mostly  went through how to use ex. creating timelines etc. 

Not so much setting it up- I am looking to get more knowledge  in setting up if  i had these gear for example

Analogway diventix
Analogway pulse
Orchestra diventix
Dvi distribution amp
Vga distribution amp
Dvi extender kit cat6
Watchout system
Etc etc..

Thanks

• Dataton Partner

The production computer can be any computer capable of running Windows 7 or newer. I personally like using powerful notebooks since they are portable and flexible, can be taken back to the hotel room and have a UPS built in by design. The network can be any 1Gbit network, preferably using unmanaged switches. Managed switches are ok as well if you know how to set them up.

If you have a lot of content in HAP or image sequences you'd rather select a desktop or 19" rack mount pc with 10Gbit network cards and a 10Gbit network infrastructure. The display units are the display computers, e.g. WATCHPAX, WATCHMAX or similar builds.

Guest DavidA

Yes, a WATÇHOUT setup is made of two units, a production computer and a display computer (media server). Here is more about the minimum setup:

https://www.dataton.com/watchout-overview-minimum-system-configuration-1

I suggest you follow the advise of Rainer that you read the user guide and the forum. When it comes to hardware you can buy a WATCHOUT media server from Dataton (WATCHPAX, WATCHMAX) or build your own. I do not recommend self-build unless you REALLY know what you are doing. Dataton does not recommend hardware for self-builds but we have made a Windows 10 tweak list. 

In the forum you will find a LOT of good threads with high quality information. 

When asking questions, make sure you have searched for answers first - people are helpful but not helpful with people who do not care to search and look first.

Good luck on your WATCHOUT experience! :)

On 5/27/2019 at 9:02 PM, RThk said:

I have taken watchout certified user course. 

Mostly  went through how to use ex. creating timelines etc. 

Not so much setting it up- I am looking to get more knowledge  in setting up if  i had these gear for example

Analogway diventix
Analogway pulse
Orchestra diventix
Dvi distribution amp
Vga distribution amp
Dvi extender kit cat6
Watchout system
Etc etc..

Thanks

May I know where are you from and when did you attend certified training?