Why NDI Source Switching Source from Primery to Alternet.

MAHESH VERMA

Hi......Frnds

When i m capture mac book laptop from NDI with diffrent IP Address.screen capture good but message showing again and again switching source from primery to alternet source.See in the picture.Laptop connect direct port to port from eachother no. network switch between them.what is the problum. plz. give me solution.Capture laptop without capture card with cat6 cable.

s.jpg

11 minutes ago, wiesemann said:

... Start the NDI track at the beginning of your timeline, fade it in when needed. ...

I suspect WATCHOUT version may make a difference for that. Used to be a live video / NDI set to less than 3% opacity would automatically optimise to ‘off’. I seem to recall that was changed, but i can not remember when.

Ifyou are not using the standby function, an alternate method of opening a live video / NDI object is to place it on the main timeline from beginning (0.00) to end and make that layer standby. All standby media above 3% will be active all the time, but not visible while not in standby.

• 1 month later...

Hi......Frnds

When i m capture mac book laptop from NDI with diffrent IP Address.screen capture good but message showing again and again switching source from primery to alternet source.See in the picture.Laptop connect direct port to port from eachother no. network switch between them.what is the problum. plz. give me solution.Capture laptop without capture card with cat6 cable.

May I know if you've selected the same stream for both the default and alternative stream name when you add the NDI Video media? The alternative stream is actually optional.

I've seen those source switching warnings many times in my setup and I'd say those warnings are pretty harmless. From observation, it didn't seem to affect the stream quality — no visible frame drop or stream lag at all.