DP TO HDMI CABLE 3METER

MAHESH VERMA

I frinds...

I perchased 3meter dp to hdmi cable. when i m connecting this cable server to 4k display resolution showing 3840*2160 at 30hz not showing 60hz.What is the problem.When i m connecting other cable showing 60hz.Suggest me best cable and company name. See the pic. cable company name is manhattan.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

The cable you are using appears to be PASIVE and will only work on DisplayPort++ graphic card connections, not standard DisplayPort only graphic card connections. The fact that your cable works at some resoultions indicates that you do have a DisplayPort++ connection.

A DisplayPort++ connection can be thought of as a dual mode connection. It is able to output either native DisplayPort -or- legacy signal type used by HDMI or DVI.

I have found that the resolutions supported in legacy mode are a subset of the resolutions supported in native mode. For example, with a DisplayPort++ graphics card connection, a passive cable would not work at 1400x1050.

An alternative is to use an ACTIVE DisplayPort to HDMI adaptor. They are only slightly more expensive than passive adaptors. Active are typically two piece connections (active adaptor & patch cable) where passive cable often are single cable solutions. An active adaptor will work with all DisplayPort types. It connects via native DisplayPort and circuitry typically embedded in one of the adaptor’s connector housings converts native DisplayPort to legacy HDMI signals. This opens up all available resolutions the graphics card provides in native mode. i.e. the same graphics card that would not work at 1400x1050 with a passive cable will work with an active adaptor.

When choosing an active adaptor, be sure it supports the maximum resolution you require. Not all active adaptors support 3840x2160 at 60p, but adaptors capable of that resolution are available.

Also, AMD graphics cards have an unusual support of DisplayPort++. With AMD cards, it is recommended to never use passive adaptors and only use active adaptors so you do not have to concern yourself with their anomalies.

• Dataton Partner

I actually can't see an active cable on their website.

https://manhattanproducts.eu/collections/video-cables?gf_185653=DisplayPort Cable&gf_185654=3.0 m (10 ft.)&gf_185687=DisplayPort Male%2BHDMI Male

It should clearly say "active" in the description. The resolution doesn't say anything. The problem with AMD cards is that they only have two clocks driving the outputs whereas every output needs to be clocked. That's were the active adaptors take over.

3 hours ago, RBeddig said:

I actually can't see an active cable on their website.

https://manhattanproducts.eu/collections/video-cables?gf_185653=DisplayPort Cable&gf_185654=3.0 m (10 ft.)&gf_185687=DisplayPort Male%2BHDMI Male

It should clearly say "active" in the description. The resolution doesn't say anything.

Thank you for checking that Rainer.

3 hours ago, RBeddig said:

The problem with AMD cards is that they only have two clocks driving the outputs whereas every output needs to be clocked. That's were the active adaptors take over.

And to make things more confusing on AMD cards, those two legacy signal clocks can be dynamically assigned to any two of the four outputs. This is the anomalous behavior i referred to in the post above.

i.e. AMD cards can only support two passive adaptors. And the ports supporting passive adaptors can dynamically change.

As native DisplayPort output does not require the legacy clocks, using only active adaptors eliminates this concern.