Issue with 6.6.5 and Pre split video with Auto start script

jaybarba

I recently ran into an odd issue with pre-split video  playing from an autostart script.  Client had recently upgraded to 6.6.5, and the playback hardware are two watchpax 2's that are about 4-5 years old.  The pre split video is either .mp4's or .m2v's.

When online from production with the show the video plays back fine.  But when the show is restarted offline with an autostart script, no pre-split video will play, just black.  Images will play, and so will text within Watchout.  Also the video will play from autostart if I take them in as individual videos and line them up in the timeline for each Display.  Only will not play as a pre-split.

I short term fixed the issue by doing that, but has anyone heard of this issue or know why it is happening?  Is it just a product of watchpax 2's and 6.6.5?

Jay Barba

Warren Z Productions

• Dataton Partner
10 hours ago, jaybarba said:

Does WO handle that differently online versus autostart?

Not to my knowledge. Have you tried to use some simple telnet commands to simulate the commands of the script? I'd start using something like PuTTY to send the commands one by one. This also give you some feedback from WATCHOUT which might help to trace down the issue.

Hi Jay,

I did some test.

And Yes, i have same issue with mp4(video proxy) with startup script across different version.

Luckily, i found some work around.

A.use HAP codec.

B.for mp4, uncheck the "Enable WATCHPAX Hardware Acceleration" in the video proxy setting.

WP_Hardware_Acceleration.png.d14403bc9d55a202e8a6c7e298877712.png

But running the show using Putty(or similar tools) or Production, no problem at all.

I already inform Dataton regarding this issue, they are looking into it.

Hope this help!

M

Wow great find Morgan!

On 10/2/2021 at 10:30 PM, Morgan Wong said:

Hi Jay,

I did some test.

And Yes, i have same issue with mp4(video proxy) with startup script across different version.

Luckily, i found some work around.

A.use HAP codec.

B.for mp4, uncheck the "Enable WATCHPAX Hardware Acceleration" in the video proxy setting.

WP_Hardware_Acceleration.png.d14403bc9d55a202e8a6c7e298877712.png

But running the show using Putty(or similar tools) or Production, no problem at all.

I already inform Dataton regarding this issue, they are looking into it.

Hope this help!

M

On 9/27/2021 at 2:36 AM, RBeddig said:

Not to my knowledge. Have you tried to use some simple telnet commands to simulate the commands of the script? I'd start using something like PuTTY to send the commands one by one. This also give you some feedback from WATCHOUT which might help to trace down the issue.

Client used telnet and was able to get the pre-splits to to play.  Just did not work on auto-start,

for autostart, i renamed the WO file to something very simple to ensure that was not the issue.  But again, it worked for other media, so WO file name was not the issue.