how to create manual display on stage window

videowaves

While you can create a manual Display of any size, this does NOT mean that your graphics card will accept it.

Normally, one create a Display in a standard resolution, in your case 1024 x 768,

and then create content at 960 x 320, placing it on stage, on the Display, in the upper left corner.

Hope this helps,

/jonas

i wanted to create manual display 960 by 320 but when i update on led screen resulation is not supported can you guide me

Outputting 960 by 320 is a Windows challenge, WATCHOUT can not overcome Windows.

You will need to find a way to add the non-standard 960 by 320 resolution to Windows

AND you must provide EDID to the display card that specifies that resolution is valid.

From experience: trying to program custom resolutions is VERY difficult. I would go with the suggestion from Jonas... You will be digging into writing a customized driver for your graphics card and you don't want to get into that... Providing the custom EDID is easy with the proper hardare (e.g. DVI Parrot, Gefen DVI Detective, LightWare EDID Manager) but the driver side takes a hardcore understanding of driver programming. Save yourself the headache and go with Jonas' suggestion!

From experience: trying to program custom resolutions is VERY difficult. I would go with the suggestion from Jonas... You will be digging into writing a customized driver for your graphics card and you don't want to get into that... Providing the custom EDID is easy with the proper hardare (e.g. DVI Parrot, Gefen DVI Detective, LightWare EDID Manager) but the driver side takes a hardcore understanding of driver programming. Save yourself the headache and go with Jonas' suggestion!

I agree it is not real easy, but it is possible.

You do not do it in the driver per se. You hack the Windows registry.

Show Sage offers custom resolutons poked into the Windows registry

if specified at the time of a computer purchase.

Customer still has to provide matching EDID from the display to make it active.

• 1 year later...

i am using watchout on LED screens always. I just procured  servers and trying to get familiarized with features of software. Can you tell me the exact difference between ""Display Resolution" and "Size of Display"? I set my video processor to 1920x1080 resolution but my led screen size is only 1152 x 768 pixels. I would like to insert any image size which is smaller in pixel to that of LED screen. This being the case, how should I go about setting the parameters under stage window while creating a display box? 

Another possibility to get resolutions outside the Windows-Standard is to use a Datapath x4.

Input is possible up to Dual-Link resolutions.

With the software of the x4 you can define size and position of the outputs completely independently.

Cheers Tom