Dataton Pax

John G

Hi all

I'm still looking for these items:

I'm looking for two trax ektapro adapters 3475-1. 

Also a Tascam cable 3483

An alternative would be some auxiliary cables 3450

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

I have tried media fabricators in the US but they were unable to help.

Regards

John

• Dataton Partner

Hi Jon,

Don't you have anyone who can solder the cables for you? They seem to be pretty straight forward and don't have any active components inside. To make it fit to the locked output of the SMARTPAX, I'd just use the actual subD plug without the cover or, if you can still get hold of something like this, we sometimes used very simple molded RS232 extender cables and just cut the wrong side off.

/Rainer

On 10/13/2021 at 9:13 AM, John G said:

Hi all

I'm still looking for these items:

I'm looking for two trax ektapro adapters 3475-1. 

This might help ... TN 3475 Ektapro Smartlink home build

Also a Tascam cable 3483

Never diagramed that one.

If you want to use the correct connector for the SMARTPAX side, I believe they are still available. However, all my research was done when that connector was provided  by AMP. AMP has since been sold, so the old AMP part numbers I have will be superseded by the new owner's part numbers. But here are the AMP part numbers to start from.

Dataton SMARTPAX® female device connector -three parts, — receptacle, — pins for receptacle, and — outer squeeze to release (STR) shell

AMP STR Female Cord Guard 745002-1, 745002-2 (part numbers for two different cable diameters for the cable strain relief )

AMP STR Receptacle housing 9 pin 207752-3

AMP pins for female 66504-9

There is a bit of a gotcha in the above. The pins require a precise tool for close to perfect crimping or they will never insert correctly into the receptacle. Even when crimping with the proper tool (AMP Pro Crimp PN 58448-2) if you do not get it just right, it will not insert correctly. binned a few for that reason ;)