Is it possible to autoplay by itself?

Gates kweon

hi dear

I want to make the show run automatically.
I registered it in the Windows Startup Program and checked until Watchout appeared.

But I wonder if it will be possible to play right here.
Assuming there is no operator.

I looked through the manual countless times and couldn't figure out where to put the parameter variable.

Of course, if the time code is received from the outside, it will be executed immediately.
But I would like to know if it is possible to run it alone.

thanks regards

5 hours ago, Gates kweon said:

hi dear

I want to make the show run automatically.
I registered it in the Windows Startup Program and checked until Watchout appeared.

But I wonder if it will be possible to play right here.
Assuming there is no operator.

I looked through the manual countless times and couldn't figure out where to put the parameter variable.

Of course, if the time code is received from the outside, it will be executed immediately.
But I would like to know if it is possible to run it alone.

thanks regards

Yes. 

The additional step is to create a startup script with the instructions to load the show and to start running.

This is documented in the WATCHOUT 6.7 Users Guide. The available instructions are described in Appendix C. This chapter also includes instructions (File Based Control) on how to create a startup script with a sample script to demonstrate the procedure you request. 

thank you for your response.
I found an easier way to solve this problem.

I was using a macro program.
When the watchout launch window pops up,
 you can use a macro program to play by pressing the space bar.
It would be good to add this function to the next version.
This function is required for fixed installation.

thank regards

autostart.png

• Dataton Partner

Well, creating an autostart batch file in the WATCHOUT folder already serves this purpose.

Once Windows is up and WATCHOUT started it will load a file, check whether any other display servers in the same system are ready (if you use more than one display server in a system) and then runs the specified timeline.

i suspect you are vey new to Dataton WATCHOUT. Normally, you would eliminate the Dataton Production server for automated playback. 

Dataton WATCHOUT Production is the tool used to assemble and edit content. Once you have assembled your content, the Production server is not needed and is not recommended for automated playback. Any and all WATCHOUT playback functions are available without the production server. Keeping an editing environment active for daily playback is a prescription for trouble. As long as the editing tool is active, the show can be changed. Remove the WATCHOUT Production editing tool, and the display servers are in read only mode and nothing can change, providing reliable, repeatable operation.