PC move

Nigel Packer

Hi all

New to all this so be gentle with me. I have IT experience but slowly getting up to speed with this AV stuff.

The people I do work for did have a AV show running 5 projectors with your software on it. The PC/media server has developed a fault on the PCI3 slot so I need to move content and software to a new machine.

New one is Windows 10 Pro old is Windows 7 home edition. I notice a USB device with a ring on it, is this the licence??

My question is what would be involved transferring Watchout to this new machine and would I be able to keep all configuration. Is it just a case of installing the correct version on the new PC and copying files over ??

Nigel

2 hours ago, Nigel Packer said:

Hi all

New to all this so be gentle with me. I have IT experience but slowly getting up to speed with this AV stuff.

The people I do work for did have a AV show running 5 projectors with your software on it. The PC/media server has developed a fault on the PCI3 slot so I need to move content and software to a new machine.

New one is Windows 10 Pro old is Windows 7 home edition. I notice a USB device with a ring on it, is this the licence??

Most likely. This might help: https://forum.dataton.com/topic/3633-everything-i-think-i-know-about-dataton-v5-and-v6-license-keys/

My question is what would be involved transferring Watchout to this new machine and would I be able to keep all configuration. Is it just a case of installing the correct version on the new PC and copying files over ??

Nigel

Yes, install the correct version, no do not copy the files. (While it may be possible to just copy the files over, success is fully dependent on the organization of the original programmer). 

Watchout includes a function, "Consolidate To ...", specifically for moving shows. This function automatically adjusts file references to ensure portability. The User Guide gives a good description on use of the consolidate function.