Creating a remote to control production

Cool Illusions

Hi There,

We have tried programming our own external control (remote) to control the display, but then u a have limits to what it can do, we are looking at creating one that can control the production. Like what Dataton did for their exhibtions.

Where we can control Midi, Dmx, fades, movements of tween, etc......

How do i go about it???

Regards

Gary

Hi There,

We have tried programming our own external control (remote) to control the display, but then u a have limits to what it can do, we are looking at creating one that can control the production. Like what Dataton did for their exhibtions.

Where we can control Midi, Dmx, fades, movements of tween, etc......

How do i go about it???

Regards

Gary

Go to the WATCHOUT 5 User Guide, page 241, Appendix D Production Computer Protocol.

The information needed to control Production is there.

That said, the direct control of display will always be more reliable,

as there is no way to make an accidental change in the program when controlling display directly.

Production's primary purpose is to manage the content on the players, so when it is in the system,

there is always a chance something may change, intended or accidental.

I am curious as to what you mean by "u a have limits to what it can do"?

From a playback control perspective, I am unaware of any such limits. Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, been trying and trying, maybe I don't really understand the way to do it!

I have been using watchman and flash and I,m not able to communicate or control the productions CPU, tween tracks, etc.....

I can control the display by creating my own control using watchman.

How do I go about controlling production, The user guide doesn't give us the source code to control the tween tracks, etc...or tell us how to do it??

Hi Jonas,

I want to create something like what Datoton did for Palme or infocomm, where they control WO with IPad. I want to control the X,Y,Z, Scale, Opacity, touch & drag, etc......with iPad!

I'm also able to use the image server to insert photos to WO using production, but not able to do it with iPad! How to take photos from iPad and send it to image server and to replace the next photo??

Gary.