TCP Control the Panasonic projector shutter switch

qqweii

I have seen the same issue with Panasonic projectors TCP control when commands are sent to close together. it is telling that Panasonic does not use that command set for their own software control of the projector. WATCHOUT’s string cues are rudimentary, there is no flow control and there is no processing of any return information from a controlled device. Just the same, the strings are being sent. I suggest you contact Panasonic and ask them why their projector is ignoring valid TCP commands.

PJlink control of the Panasonic projectors is like a little pain, often are not responding to the commands, with WO, AMX or simple PYTHON programs that work fine with other projectors or devices, I often send the commands twice to get a response. Sometimes I use "Chataigne" for simple control and web interface and you can see how the Panasonic projectors are automatically close the connection then Chataigne in reconnecting again.

Quim

It's something related to the ports closing after 30 seconds. My workaround for this is always just create an alternate timeline with a "Ping Loop" where I just send "$0D" every 25 seconds or so and loop it. This keeps the port open and the commands should work everytime.

Alternatively, use Artnet to control the shutters or laser intensity. It works much better, but it can be funky to set up.

16 hours ago, QuinLoft said:

It's something related to the ports closing after 30 seconds. My workaround for this is always just create an alternate timeline with a "Ping Loop" where I just send "$0D" every 25 seconds or so and loop it. This keeps the port open and the commands should work everytime.

Alternatively, use Artnet to control the shutters or laser intensity. It works much better, but it can be funky to set up.

非常感谢你的回复,有时间我会试着验证它。

as per Google Translate … Thank you very much for your reply. I will try to verify it when I have time.

Edited by jfk
Added translation