Barco Serial Control

cowboyclint

I'm looking to control the shutters of several different projectors, some with PJLink, one without. The without is a Barco SLM r12+ and I need to control the shutter with some RS232.

First, does anyone have a PDF of the command codes for the 12+ ? I've got several other codes, but not this one.

Secondly, here's what I've managed to piece together at home without trying it in the space yet. Please let me know if I'm missing anything you can see

0x80 0x7E 0x00 0x22 0x42 0x00 0x80 0x7F $oD

[start byte ][proj#][shutter ][null][ end byte ][carriage return]

Should I use quotes?

Should I not use spaces?

Questions abound.

Thanks,

Clint

I'm looking to control the shutters of several different projectors, some with PJLink, one without. The without is a Barco SLM r12+ and I need to control the shutter with some RS232.

First, does anyone have a PDF of the command codes for the 12+ ? I've got several other codes, but not this one.

Sorry, can't help with that. Have you tried Barco?

Although, for the serial control, I would highly recommend using an IP to serial converter with a WATCHOUT IP string device.

That way you are not relying on a serial port in a display computer, more flexible,

replacing a computer in the system will be easier.

Secondly, here's what I've managed to piece together at home without trying it in the space yet. Please let me know if I'm missing anything you can see

0x80 0x7E 0x00 0x22 0x42 0x00 0x80 0x7F $oD

(start byte)(proj#)(shutter )(null)(end byte)(carriage return)

In the string cue, you would enter that exactly as ...

$80$7E$00$22$42$00$80$7F$0D

The 0x prefix is shorthand to indicate a hex value. The WATCHOUT string cue uses the dollar sign prefix instead.

there is no letter o in hex, only valid letters are A-B-C-D-E-F (10-15) along with the numbers 0-9

Should I use quotes?

No

Should I not use spaces?

Yes, if I interpret the wording of the question correctly - i.e. no spaces.

A space in a string cue has the exact same effect as sending $20

If needed,

Barco communication protocol pdf:s

TDE3800_00_ReferenceGuide.pdf

https://my.barco.com/(e876b37c2e75c3dad5ce2e4d7533a082)/downloads/tde/BCI/Manuals/ReferenceGuide/TDE3800_00_ReferenceGuide.pdf

R5975236_09_ReferenceGuide.pdf

https://my.barco.com/(f89b503cd7001efd9a04f04a758fdc54)/downloads/tde/BPP/Manuals/ReferenceGuide/R5975236_09_ReferenceGuide.pdf

Barco_dp2k/barco_dp2k_communication_interface_reference_guide.pdf

http://www.freedcp.net/manuals/barco_dp2k/barco_dp2k_communication_interface_reference_guide.pdf

/jonas