Watchpoint sound issue

decaili

dear all.

I have a setup with dante output sound to watchout display pc. The sound config have no any problem,it is working 6channel no any issue. But everytime when i restart display pc.i have to enter inside display pc to click Audio Out then Audio Device then DVS Transmit 1-2 dante virtual soundcard(WASAPI).with attach blow,after the watchpoint will have sound out. Otherwise no sound

I thought the problem will be watchpoint start before the dante software. But when i start display pc,i close watchpoint or not close ,i start play music by display pc itself no any problem, once i shut watchout without restart display pc i have to enter watchpoint to click dante audio option,is this the version 6.7.2 bug or can i have some way to fix it,

Thank all

IMG_20240316_233200.jpg

Have you tried delaying Watchpoint startup via the Autostart.txt batch?
You can add 10-15 seconds so that once the DVS is started correctly and with the network active, it is already available for the Watchpoint and therefore does not put the first generic driver it finds.

If I were you I would also remove the Nvidia Audio drivers.

Best regards

Diego

On 3/29/2024 at 2:25 PM, Diego Marchente said:

You can add 10-15 seconds so that once the DVS is started correctly and with the network active, it is already available for the Watchpoint and therefore does not put the first generic driver it finds.

Best regards

Diego

thanks reply,i thought it before ,then i just try shut off watchpoint app once it start,i test only from display pc test the sound it was OK,then i open watchpoint still need enter set it again,anyway i will try make it delay by command,will report here.

23 hours ago, RBeddig said:

It sounds a bit as if some user rights have been limited. Have you gone through the full tweaking list for Windows?

BTW, why don't you use ASIO for DVS?

Thanks,can i know like what kind user rights are limited,i will double check it,i will try ASIO too

• Dataton Partner

Normally Watchpoint stores the last setting and will even complain if you start the server without the audio interface being connected.

Maybe Watchpoint can’t write to some drive or partition so the information doesn’t get stored.

Have not seen such a behavior myself.

On 3/29/2024 at 2:25 PM, Diego Marchente said:

Best regards

Diego

unluck,i did delay 60sec,same problem,need enter reclick the option

On 3/29/2024 at 8:43 PM, RBeddig said:

It sounds a bit as if some user rights have been limited. Have you gone through the full tweaking list for Windows?

BTW, why don't you use ASIO for DVS?

there is no option for ASIO to select. As you can see below only blackmagic and mother board sound card can be selected.

IMG_20240331_170553.jpg

17 hours ago, RBeddig said:

Normally Watchpoint stores the last setting and will even complain if you start the server without the audio interface being connected.

Maybe Watchpoint can’t write to some drive or partition so the information doesn’t get stored.

Have not seen such a behavior myself.

the problem when i start display pc i check before watchpoint start, there is no issue with dante virtual output, i didnt restart display pc ,just restart watchpoint , then i need reclick the option. Is there any other way i can check ? Thanks help

They may seem like trivial questions, but are you sure you have installed all components from Watchpoint, DVS and other components in 'Administrator' mode?
Are you sure UAC is totally disabled?
Have you tried uninstalling Watchout, rebooting, and then reinstalling Watchout?

Diego - PlayIT