Dataton Support,

We have a Watchout system that was updated from version 6.1.5 to version 6.4.1.   After performing this update, network video assets using an RTSP streams from our cameras have stopped working.  The error received when attempting to play is as follows:

error: no video network support

We have verified that the RTSP stream is still working within VLC player.  That is to say, the URL is correct.  We have also deleted / recreated the network video asset in the media bin.  Have there been any changes that would affect RTSP support?  Did the desired format of the URI change within Watchout? 

The stream is configured as follows:

URI = "rtsp://192.168.100.109:554/MediaInput/h264/stream_1" OR "rtsp://192.168.100.109/MediaInput/h264/stream_1"

Stream = UDP Unicast

Dimensions = 1280 x 720

The camera is a Panasonic AW-HE130 with the most recent firmware installed.  No system changes other than the Watchout update have occurred.  We experience the same result when testing with several other Panasonic cameras in the building.

Thanks!

Clint

4 hours ago, Wang said:

Hi Cswartzlander,

Could it possible for you to put a camera on a public IP, so that I can test with and figure out the reason why it happened?

Wang

Wang,

Unfortunately, I cannot easily move it over to a public IP.  I could send you a Wireshark capture of a successful connection with the camera to VLC as well a Wireshark capture of the failed negotiation to Watchout. 

If you have a suggestion of any other tools we can use to analyze the RTSP connection, I would certainly be glad to try them. 

Also, I tested with another known-good RTSP stream from a totally different manufacturer and experienced the same error message.  The problem does not appear to be related to the manufacturer / model of camera.

Thanks!

Clint

Wang,

I have a bit more information for you.  I was able to create a Wireshark packet capture of the RTSP negotiation on a Watchout 6.1.5 computer and can send it to you via email.   However, I was not able to create a packet capture of the failed RTSP connection.  The request is literally never sent from the Watchout 6.4.1 computer to the camera.  I have tried it with both TCP and UDP (unicast) which both failed.  Since it doesn't make much sense to send you an the empty failed RTSP packet capture, I thought I would provide you with this information prior to asking you to sift through the good connection.

As a workaround, we bought the NDI|HX license for this particular camera.  This is working correctly with Watchout 6.4.1, so the pain point has been alleviated.  However, we do have several other Watchout 6.1.5 systems that use RTSP sources which we will want to update in the future.  It would be good to sort through this issue and restore functionality to this feature. 

If you would like me to send the successful 6.1.5 RTSP packet capture for this camera, I would be glad to provide.  Unfortunately, the failed 6.4.1 RTSP packet capture is devoid of any data.

Thanks!

Clint

Clint,

It it nice to hear that you have an alternative solution to this problem.

and thanks for the information. It is very strange there is no package sent from WATCHOUT to camera at all. 

I thought a RTSP OPTIONS request should be able to be sent from WATCHOUT to Camera. 

And right now, I do not have any camera that can reproduce the problem,  could you please give more details about brands and models that you tested, so that I have order some and test it.

Thank you!!

Wang