Could Someone Give me Advice on Integrating Interactive Elements in Watchout Productions?

Hello there,

I am working on a project using Dataton Watchout and am looking to incorporate more interactive elements into our productions. Our team has primarily focused on creating visually engaging presentations and events; but we have been getting increasing requests for interactive features that allow for real time audience engagement and content customization during the show.

How have you successfully integrated touch screens into your Watchout setups? Are there specific hardware or software tools you recommend for ensuring smooth interaction and minimal latency?🤔

What are some effective ways to allow the audience to influence the content on screen? I have heard about using mobile apps for real time voting or feedback; but I am curious about the technical setup and how it interfaces with Watchout.

Has anyone worked with live data feeds; such as social media updates or live statistics; within their Watchout productions? What are the best practices for ensuring the data is displayed correctly and is visually cohesive with the rest of the presentation?🤔

Also, I have gone through this post; https://forum.dataton.com/topic/1156-integrating-dmx-commands-into-watchout-aws-devops-timeline/  which definitely helped me out a lot.

What are some common challenges you have encountered when adding interactivity to Watchout projects; and how did you overcome them?

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance.😇

• Dataton Partner

Hi Besossenorita,

I think you need to render webpage with various charts, voting systems, tweets...

Did you have a look to OBS with NDI plugin or vMix?

Both tools can render browsers to NDI but with some tweaks and controls compared to a simple desktop stream. Also you can setup NDI with alpha, can be usefull to add nice transparency to embedded into Watchout.

Benoit