Asset manager questions WO7

Hi all,

I am trying to understand the asset manager. There are some basic things I cannot find. Could you guys help me out? 

How do I replace a media-file in a show? (WO6 Media specs, browse, choose new mediafile)

How do I get a changed media-file into the show? (WO6 refresh)

How can I find the path to the original media-file?

Thanks, Michael.

• Dataton Partner
On 10/6/2024 at 5:31 PM, Michael Scheck said:

Hi all,

I am trying to understand the asset manager. There are some basic things I cannot find. Could you guys help me out? 

How do I replace a media-file in a show? (WO6 Media specs, browse, choose new mediafile)

How do I get a changed media-file into the show? (WO6 refresh)

How can I find the path to the original media-file?

Thanks, Michael.

Hi Michael,

First of all, the online manual is growing day-by-day and explains a lot around the asset manager.

https://docs.dataton.com/watchout-7/am/asset_manager.html

To replace a file, you can add a "new version" to an asset by dragging the new file into the properties window or through the browser access to the asset manager. After this, you'll see that the asset consists of more than one file and you can select which one to use, e.g. in the properties of a media cue. Unlike version 6, you can select any version of the asset and go easily back to an earlier state.

WATCHOUT 7 doesn't keep a link to the original files. It will process all files, optimize them for better playback and cut them in chunks. You will not be able to recover videos from a display computer since the local assets are encrypted and cut into pieces.

Hope this helps!

Rainer

3 hours ago, RBeddig said:

To replace a file, you can add a "new version" to an asset by dragging the new file into the properties window or through the browser access to the asset manager. After this, you'll see that the asset consists of more than one file and you can select which one to use, e.g. in the properties of a media cue. Unlike version 6, you can select any version of the asset and go easily back to an earlier state.

That works great, the only problem is that for the moment you can't remove yet versions you don't want to use anymore so they take space in your disk. Hope they add it soon.

Quim