output / input / internal

wiesemann

Hi,

The other day I tried something I knew it most probably wouldnt work. I created an „output“ tweening track on an Aux-timeline, that O wanted to „route“ to duck the audio-volume of another (Main timeline). Of course it did not work, the values wer not correct. 

But maybe, if Dataton programmed something alike, we could play that Timeline and it would influence the volume (or other values) of another Timeline. This would allow voiceovers or something, where nobody would need to react at the audiomixer... or so...

3 hours ago, wiesemann said:

Hi,

The other day I tried something I knew it most probably wouldnt work. I created an „output“ tweening track on an Aux-timeline, that O wanted to „route“ to duck the audio-volume of another (Main timeline). Of course it did not work, the values wer not correct. 

But maybe, if Dataton programmed something alike, we could play that Timeline and it would influence the volume (or other values) of another Timeline. This would allow voiceovers or something, where nobody would need to react at the audiomixer... or so...

There are two ways to do this now. The output you created and how it is used is the key.

If you choose to use the setInput command, you must define the output differently for cluster mode or production mode (different port numbers, 3039 for cluster, 3040 for production). Either way, the IP address is 127.0.0.1 (localhost).

Then it is simply a matter of wtiting the output string cue as a setInput command. Be sure to end that command with $0D or it will not work. This method has always worked correctly every time i tried it.

Another simpler way to do this would be to use DMX for both output and input, set to the same universe and channel number. Last i tried this the DMX input value would change when i changed the corresponding DMX output value, but for some reason the input in the tween did not repond. I believe that has since been corrected however.

1 hour ago, RBeddig said:

This trick requires a WATCHOUT dongle in your computer and you need to go online, even if you have no displays connected for your test.

x2.

Sorry i did not mention that earlier. WATCHOUT Productionoutput of any type is disabled when offline, so as Rainer correctly points out, no DMX output will be sent when offline.