Issue with Datapath VisionSC-SDI4 when not using first input

TitouanM

Hello there,

I'm facing a strange problem with the new acquisition card VisionSC-SDI4 from Datapath.

When something is pluggeg into the first input, everything works fine. I can add/remove SDI cables in/from the other tree inputs, displaying live videos on the stage or the No Signal message if nothing is plugged.

But when I remove the cable from the first input, the other three freeze, stuck on the last acquired frame. The live videos resume to their normal behaviour once I plug back the cable in the first input.

Note that this issue doesn't exist in the Vision's preview windows tool, only in Watchout.

It has been tested with Watchout 6.1.4 and Watchout 6.1.5, on four servers built in the same configuration (mb: Asus X99-A/USB 3.1; proc: Intel Core i7-5930K; 16Go RAM).

Has anybody encountered a similar issue? Any idea about what could cause such a behaviour, or how to fix it?

Thank you.

Yes, that is odd behavuor.

... Note that this issue doesn't exist in the Vision's preview windows tool, only in Watchout. ...

That is the same as saying - it works with the DP's proprietary driver,

not with the DP's generic  Windows Driver Model / WDM driver.

I wish the capture card vendors would design their sample utility

to work with either driver and allow a choice.

We had a similar issue before, and we had to follow the instructions below.

It seems like the problem for us was that the specific driver installed for the capture card wasn't sitting well with WO.

"

I tried on Watchout 6.1.4 and Datapath Vision Driver Version 7.8.0, it's works! You must try!

Please follow this steps :

1. Uninstall CodeMoeter Runtime & Watchout version 5 & 6 if you don't use Watchout version 6.1.4 

2. Uninstall VisionDatapath Driver All Version

3. Restart your PC

4. Download Datapath Driver Version 7.8.0 here :

http://www.datapath.co.uk/datapath-current-downloads/windows/streaming/vision-3/vision-driver-and-application-3/archive-13/217-visioninstall-v7-8-0-2

5. Install the driver in "USER MODE" not "KERNEL MODE"!

6. When installing, it will downgrade the firmware

7. When finish. Shutdown the PC and turn on it again

8. Install Watchout Version 6.1.4

9. Make a new project on Watchout Production

10. Select Menu Media->Add Live Video...

11. THIS IS IMPORTANT! Select Signal Input : HDMI, not RGB!

12. Video Standard : Other

13. Deinterlacing : None

14. Select OK Button

15. DONE

16. Drag it on timeline, select it, and go ONLINE

17. Voila!!! Abracadabra!!! Nice...

"

Hello orfischer,

Thank you for the detailed help, unfortunately downgrading to version 7.8.0 didn't fix the problem. It actually prevents the acquisition card to work at all, even in the preview windows tool.

Your step 11 makes me wonder if we're talking about the same acquisition card, since you recommend to set the signal input to HDMI, while I'm using a four SDI inputs card?

It worked for us for 2 datapath cards, I believe one was 2 DVI input card, and the ther was the sdi2 (2 SDI in), don't remember the models.

The instructions posted is what solved the issue for us right away. We found it on another thread in this forum, that I couldt find to share with you.

It initially seemed to me that you have an issue with driver compatability with WO (same as we had), so I thought it will be beneficial for you to try that.

Jim from Show Sage may be able to assist you better that myself, because I don't have experience with the card you are using.