Jump to content


Photo

Updateing Watchpax - license key can`t be found

watchout update license

  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fisejs

Fisejs
  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:11 PM

Hello,

I am trying to update watchpax2 from version 6.1.5 to 6.1.6.

 

The watchout gives the message about different versions and if I want to update.

I click ok.

The watchpax displays this message:

 

"The WATCHOUT license key can`t be found.

Re-trying automatically in a few seconds."

 

If I click "Retry" (with the keyboard connected to watchpax) nothing happens.

I tried to swith watchpax on and off, restart watchout etc, but with no result.

 

Thank you for any help,

Jakub

 

 

 



#2 Michael

Michael

  • Dataton Partner
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:42 PM

Hi,

 

Just leave it to automatically finish all the update process.

 

You don't have to connect keyboard, no need for any extra click.



#3 RBeddig

RBeddig

  • Dataton Partner
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationBerlin - Germany

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:08 AM

Have you tried to just let it run until the progress bar on the production computer has finished?

 

We have seen this message too but normally the upgrade will work fine. 



#4 Thomas Leong

Thomas Leong
  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:26 AM

 'Retrying automatically...' means just that: automatically. No need to retry manually, and no need to connect a keyboard. In fact, doubt if a keyboard works with Watchpax owing to the locked-down and embedded Windows.

 

Patience is the key. By powering it down and up again mid-way through the process, all bets are off.

 

Thomas Leong



#5 Fisejs

Fisejs
  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:59 PM

Hello,

the problem was static ip address setup-ed in start-up script (192.168.1.200). Watchpax changed it to 192.168.1.221 after first unsuccessful attempt to update (and I let it do everything automatically for the first few attempts). When I switched it off after some time, it started up with the 200 address again and than changed it to 221 - so the WO production didn't see it and so on.

 

Now when I noticed this ip change, I went offline and in wo production changed the display-watchpax ip address to 192.168.1.221. Than I went online. The watchpax asked me again about the update and really updated it self. And as a bonus changed the ip address again to 192.168.1.200. So I changed the ip address in production computer once again to 200 and it works.







Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: watchout, update, license