Video proxy does not follow display orientation ?

jeanluc

Hello,

I try to play a video proxy composed of three 1080 x 1920 parts on three 90° rotated displays : the result is a bad orientation of the video.

Though, when I play a wide 3240 x 1920 pixels movie across this display, it is correctly displayed.

I have a wide screen of 3240 x 1920 pixels made with three 1920x1200 videoprojectors vertically oriented (and two softedges).

I designed a stage with three displays of 1920x1200 and set them a -90° rotation.

Is it a known issue?

Thank you

Jean-Luc

WO 5.5.1 (I already observed that with WO 5.3)

I believe you should render the videos horizontally as 1920 wide by 1080 tall. I.e., you'll need to rotate them out of AE or whatever you use to produce them. WATCHOUT will then rotates them according to the screen rotation. So if you already pre-rotated them to vertical orientation, WATCHOUT will then rotate them again, ending up with the wrong orientation.

While this behavior may feel backwards and confusing when using a display rotated by 90 degrees, it makes more sense if the display is rotated 12 degrees or 45 degrees.

Hope this helps.

Mike