Jump to content
Dataton Forum
MauFir

server problems with WO version after 6.1

Recommended Posts

Hi to Everyones,

my server works perfectly with WO versions before 6.1 (included) instead with the successive versions it doesn't work with all the outputs.

Basically with WO 6.1 it  easily drives four 1920x1024 outputs, instead if I update it to WO 6.5 version, it drives 2-3  1920x1080 outputs and  it's not stable.

The GPU is AMD Firepro W600 with 6 minidisplay ports, connected by active adaptors, CPU is I7 on motherboard ASRock.

I used this server without any problems for 3 years.

Had anyone a similiar problem? Any advice?

Thanks

Maurizio

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you give more info on he OS and video driver you are using.  Is the a server you built or one built by a Dataton dealer?

Also, have you tried version in between, like 6.4.1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi thanks for the reply. The OS is Windows 7pro, I built the server 2 years ago and until now it worked perfectly. It still works if I downgrade to 6.1 version. The problem starts from 6.2.2 version.  The WO dealer here in Italy can't give me an explanation of this problem. He just mentioned that the problem might be connected with the time that WO needs to identify the active outputs. He suggests to operate in register REGEDIT and increasing that time. But he said this problem is with Win10 not with Win7. What do you mean for "video driver"? The driver of the GPU? Thanks. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, mindopera wanted to know which graphic card driver version you're using.

Have you done all the tweaking required for WIndows 7? Have you updated any other software or drivers when you moved to WO 6.2.2?

Delaying the start of WATCHOUT is pretty simple and might help if your graphic card driver or other components are too slow.

Just use the "-Delay" command together with your shortcut to start WATCHOUT.

image.thumb.png.b0c1b9c88a7076d2b34bcb01d2a38dca.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm not in the studio now so I can't check exactly the version of GPU driver but the first thing I did when I get this problem was reinstalling the last version of GPU driver. The server was tuned following the Dataton indications for Win7, as I said it had not any problem with the WO versions before 6.1. Anyway following your advice I'll go to delay the start of WO, maybe the new versions have shorter time of reaction and they aren't able to detect all the active outputs in time. Let's see what happens, I'll let you know. Thanks for the help!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ciao MauFir,

it seems that we talked about it a lot. Also I have given to you some suggestions to try.
You are always welcome at our office with the server so that we can better check.

Sai come trovarmi...

A presto,
Claudio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...