Creating a Blur mask???

Vollmers

Hi

I'm in the process of creating a new WO show for a TV studio. The challenge is, as always, money. That means that they want to build a huge video wall with varied resolution. It will be build with LCD cubes, and the part in the middle will be HD. The two sorrounding areas will be app. 400 px, or less, in the height. The main challenge is the transport of graphic elements between the different areas. I have already created the animations. and it works ok, but it looks weird, because of the different resolutions. So the idea I have tried to go with, is blurring the graphic, and make it look like an effect. So when the animation stops in the HD area, the blur will be faded of. In After Effects the idea looks great, but I have no idea how to replicate it in WO. I have tried to fiddle with all the tween effects, and tried to mix them, but no luck. Have anyone tried something similar earlier, or have an idea 'bout what to do? 

Best regards Christian

I agree the new virtual displays in WO 6 would be very helpful with different resolution screens.

As far as the blur effect, it does not exist as a tween and is usually created using an outside program like AE. I have achieved the effect by tacking one image thT is sharply focused putting it on the bottom layer in WO. Then adding a second image on the top layer that has been blurred in Photoshop. Then put a 1/2 second opacity tween on the top layer (out of focus image) and the overall effect should look like it's going out of focus.

Virtual Display did the trick completely  :D Thx to Mike Fahl's excellent tutorial video. It was at first a little hard to comprehend the design phase, but after watching the video, it took me like 5 minutes to make a rough design, and it was exactly what I was looking for.

One thing though - this very important feature is not mentioned in the manual. So please update the manual soon. Thanks for all the help  :)

Best regards Christian