Synchro start of outputs

xpbx

Running Watchout 6, Doing a 4 projectors blend, 2 display computers, 2 outputs per computer.(two same exact computers built by my supplier)

I trigger auxiliary timeline with a external device thru udp commands.

The problem I get is that the 2 computers doesn't start a clip at the same time.  they are synced together in frame, but one appears up to half a second after the other (not alway on the same display)

I get .45 seconds of preroll on the aux timeline(meaning the clip is at .45 seconds on that timeline) I know it's tight

I can't afford a fade in really

Does anybody has a little trick I could use to have them appear on screen at the same time?

I need the clips to play on top of the other, and the order will be different every night...(that's why the trigger)

any tricks or comments will help!!!

It may help if you set the aux timeline to PAUSE some time before it's to be started. This allows it to get everytning prepared, and avoids the "tightness" of your current .45 second preroll. If you get no "advance warning", just leave them in PAUSE sitting at time zero until they need to be started. This can be set up in  WATCHOUT itself (by making the aux timeline jump back to zero and PAUSE rather then STOP when it reaches its end), so no need to change extrenal programming. Alternatively, you make your external system set them into PAUSE mode right of the bat, as the system starts up and connects to WATCHOUT.

Hope this helps.

I need to roll aux timelines on "always on top" mode, because we never know the order until 1 minute prior to show (and sometimes during the show)...  

The only problem with that is that I would need to know the order in which I would press the pause(to put them in ready mode) so that when we roll the clips, they don't show underneath the other one...  

But you are right, it does help on the lag. Thanks

I need to roll aux timelines on "always on top" mode, because we never know the order until 1 minute prior to show (and sometimes during the show)...  

The only problem with that is that I would need to know the order in which I would press the pause(to put them in ready mode) so that when we roll the clips, they don't show underneath the other one...  

But you are right, it does help on the lag. Thanks

Just leave 0.001 seconds of black at the head of each timeline.

When you pause them from the stopped state they load up at time 0.000,

so won't matter which one is on top if you only roll one.

Of course, you will need to perform housekeeping to kill each one after it is used.