Video Proxy Issues on WO 6

StephenJohnstone

Hi,

I'm receiving an error message "Operating system error - 2147220970; can't read media file; video proxy" when trying to use Video Proxy.

This is when creating a new show in WO 6, video files are in the same network folder where show is created..

Only way this is functioning currently is in old shows which were created in WO 5.

Anyone have any ideas where the problems lie?

Thanks

Stephen

I have been having the same issue with video proxies and finally had to lay all the video pieces separately into the timeline for it to work.   This has always worked nicely in earlier version and I like using video proxies to spare the layers, so would love to get this fixed.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm receiving an error message "Operating system error - 2147220970; can't read media file; video proxy" when trying to use Video Proxy.

This is when creating a new show in WO 6, video files are in the same network folder where show is created..

Only way this is functioning currently is in old shows which were created in WO 5.

Anyone have any ideas where the problems lie?

Thanks

Stephen

There are two methods for implementing pre-split proxies.

The "new" pre-split proxy method (extension on movies, no extension on folder),

and the "old" pre-split proxy method (extension on folder, no extensions on movies).

Seems 6.0.1 works with the new method, but errors as you describe with the old method.

The manual for Watchout 6 actually mentions both naming conventions (extension of the folder or extension on the files), but I can confirm that only one of them (extension on files) seems to work. 

Example: If you have a video "Background.mov" and two displays, "Disp1" and "Disp2", and you want to use pre split, create a folder named "Background", and put the pre split video files in that folder, using the names "Disp1.mov" and "Disp2.mov". 

According to the manual it should be possible to do the opposite: Name the folder "Background.mov" and name the movie files "Disp1" and "Disp2", but apparently this has stopped working.

/Erik 

So in theory, my folder named 'Fireworks' which has the two video files 'Display 1.mp4' and 'Display 2.mp4' is the "new" pre-split proxy method and so should work.

Correct?

Yes, that is correct

providing "Display 1" and "Display 2" are the correct names for your displays (case sensitive).